Nike Air Max Assail

Good trail running shoe. I average 20-30 miles a week.

Good trail running shoe. I average 20-30 miles a week. My runs always start with a couple miles of pavement before I hit the trail. This shoe has showed good heel cushioning and okay fore foot cushion.

I have yet to find a trail running shoe that has good fore foot cushion, I've tried North Face Ultra 102s (horrible) and a couple of Montrails (horrible) and the Nike Assail has the best comfort, but I still wish it had more cushion in the fore foot. After 10-15 miles of running my fore feet are sore (not killing though) from the pounding.

I have road shoes I can run all day with little pain, and I hope somebody designs a trail runner with road shoe comfort. So this is the best trail shoe I have tried yet!

Great shoe for the price. You can put a lot of miles…

Great shoe for the price. You can put a lot of miles on these shoes and your feet don't hurt or heat up. Not as light as some other running shoes, but the durability is unmatched.

If you're fond of adding new places and spaces to your running routine, Nike's Air Max Assail III can take you there with consistent traction and control. Along the outsole you'll find Nike's waffle blade traction design, a technology developed by Nike to optimize control on varied surfaces. The upper on the Nike Air Max Assail III features durable mesh wrapped in a lightweight support frame of synthetic overlays and webbing straps. There's also an external heel counter overlay that helps support your foot on uneven terrain. Between that versatile outsole and the contoured footbed is a visible maximum Air-Sole unit that gives you exceptional cushioning on hard surfaces. A full-length Phylon midsole improves the lightweight flexibility while a BRS 1000 heel crash zone helps you regain your balance if you make a misstep. If variety is the spice in your running life, Nike's Air Max Assail III running shoe has the multi-terrain traction you'll need every step of the way.

- Altrec Outdoors refers to the men's version

Nike Air Max Assail

The Air Max Assail has been discontinued.

The Nike Air Max Assail is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen March 4, 2007 at Altrec Outdoors.