Nike Air Max Assail

Good trail running shoe. I average 20-30 miles a week.

Good trail running shoe. I average 20-30 miles a week. My runs always start with a couple miles of pavement before I hit the trail. This shoe has showed good heel cushioning and okay fore foot cushion.

I have yet to find a trail running shoe that has good fore foot cushion, I've tried North Face Ultra 102s (horrible) and a couple of Montrails (horrible) and the Nike Assail has the best comfort, but I still wish it had more cushion in the fore foot. After 10-15 miles of running my fore feet are sore (not killing though) from the pounding.

I have road shoes I can run all day with little pain, and I hope somebody designs a trail runner with road shoe comfort. So this is the best trail shoe I have tried yet!

Great shoe for the price. You can put a lot of miles…

Great shoe for the price. You can put a lot of miles on these shoes and your feet don't hurt or heat up. Not as light as some other running shoes, but the durability is unmatched.

If you've owned or used a Nike Air Max Assail, please share your experience.

Nike Air Max Assail

The Air Max Assail has been discontinued.

The Nike Air Max Assail is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen March 4, 2007 at Altrec Outdoors.