On the bottom, they say "Winter," but it's all-weather,…

Materials: Gore-Tex
Use: long and short dayhikes, rough trail w/no pack, over wet rock faces
Break-in Period: none

On the bottom, they say "Winter," but it's all-weather, snug-fitting (I usually wear 8s, and these are perfect).

I took my Teocalli XCRs to Costa Rica and stayed high and dry while my boyfriend's shoes turned to mush. I wore them on mountains, on horses, in waterfalls, dirt roads, rock roads, through cloud forests, you name it.

I scrambled up wet, mossy rock faces, off hanging vines, and went rappelling with them, and they stayed tight and grippy on every surface I put them on. I immersed them in streams and rivers and they got cold and damp on the outside up to the ankle, but paired with Fox River AXT socks ($10), I stayed dry -- until the water poured in over the tops (these should be released as a mid-hiker edition and they'd be PERFECT for general hiking shoes). The Nike AIR heel cushion was comfortable and conforming to rock-faces, and the front were sticky as heck and gripped every-which-way.

These blue-and-greys are attractive enough to wear as everyday shoes, and I'm so glad to have bought them. I paid $70 on clearance at Scheel's and wish I could find another pair! They are completely worth it. I totally plan to wear them in Nebraska slush, mud, and ice this winter.

rated 5.00 of 5 stars All Air Teocalli GTX versions

In addition to the 1 women's review above, there are 2 reviews for other versions of the Air Teocalli GTX. Read all reviews »