Nike Air Teocalli III GTX

This shoe is heavy and the Gore-tex makes it resist…

Materials: Gore-tex
Use: trail running in spring and winter
Break-in Period: had them for a year and they still aren't
Weight: a lot

This shoe is heavy and the Gore-tex makes it resist water and cold conditions. However, the same fabric that helps keep water out also keeps water in if you step in a puddle or swamp and the water level goes over the top of the ankle.

The bottom line ... water that goes in the shoe stays in the shoe and I have gone on numerous runs where I felt like I was wearing a pair of buckets on my feet. The extra weight made for a good workout, but its a major drawback.

Wear them in the winter and shelve them in the spring.
They are virtual foot sauna in the summer and unless you want to steam-cook your toes I would avoid them if the temps are over 60.

The tread is decent for regular trail runs, but they are stiff as hell and crimp your foot.

Great running shoes, which at the Nike factory outlet…

Materials: Gore-tex
Use: running
Break-in Period: 1/2 week
Weight: ??

Great running shoes, which at the Nike factory outlet were a great price. No, they are not the lightest made, but my feet are so comfortable in them in all weather. Nice and warm this past winter and have been comfortable in 80+ degree weather. I use them to run (usually on grass rather then trail). I stay dry (my feet anyway) even when it's wet out.

Nike Air Teocalli III GTX

The Air Teocalli III GTX has been discontinued.

The Nike Air Teocalli III GTX is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen September 3, 2006 at Altrec Outdoors.