Nike Daybreak Hat

Athletic hat which can be used for camping, playing…

Source: received it as a personal gift

Summary

Athletic hat which can be used for camping, playing sports, or just mowing the lawn. Highly recommended for activities where you want the shade, but prefer wicking and breathability of lightweight fabric.

Pros

• Easy cleaning
  • Breathable material
  • Strong, durable material

Cons

• Lighter colors show sweat easier b/c material

I received a gray model from my friend about 4 years ago. He played tennis in it for a season, just to give you an example of the "genre" of hat this is. It's been my go-to hat for most occasions.

That material is very thin and breathable, but at the same time durable. I have snagged this hat on thorns or bushes a few times bushwacking or geocaching. No issues or repairs needed.

It is not waterproof though I wear mine and don't think twice about pouring water over my head and hat when I'm done with a hike.  It's meant to be under the elements.

The inside band has a padded feel and the back adjusts through a velcro strap. I have a "dome" that's on the bigger side and my wife is a bit smaller.  When we adjust the velcro there is not problem with the overlap (i.e. since she's smaller, tighter, the excess velcro doesn't get caught easily and unhook!).

The one thing I don't like is that since I have a gray (really, every color except black or white) hat, sweat shows up easily. Since I wear it hiking or being outside for several hours, sweat lines show up around the rim and bill.  This downside is offset though by the easily clean up.  I just toss this hat in the wash with the rest of my clothes.  Comes out brand new every time.  There has been no signs of wear or deteriorating of material from the frequent washes.

If it's really sunny, I just toss a bandanna under the back end a bit to cover up my neck from sunburn.

Love the hat, wouldn't leave home without it.

If you've owned or used a Nike Daybreak Hat, please share your experience.

Nike Daybreak Hat

$22.00 (men's)

The Nike Daybreak Hat is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen June 14, 2013 at Altrec Outdoors.

If you're looking for a new cap, check out the best reviewed current models.