NRS Baron 4
The Baron 4, from NRS, is an inflatable SUP (Stand…
Source: bought it new
Price Paid: $1,200
The Baron 4, from NRS, is an inflatable SUP (Stand Up Paddleboard). At 11'4"L X 3'W X 4"T; 26.6lbs. this inflatable beauty is portable enough to carry in a Prius yet stable enough for whitewater rivers!
Three kinds of interchangeable fins allow this SUP to perform in any paddling conditions! The backpack storage bag holds the board, the included fins, the included pump, the included pressure gauge, along with a paddle, towel, and more!!!
- Requires pumping for about 15 minutes before use
- Not quite as rigid as a non-inflatable
The Baron 4 is simple to inflate, easy to paddle the first time out, and a pleasure to transport. We selected this board above all other available boards because we wanted to paddle it locally on both whitewater and flat water, but also because of its compact travel size.
We will be traveling all over the country with these boards strapped to the roof, packed in the trunk, checked for air travel, and packed in larger boats for some open water paddling. My folks even picked up a few to pack in their motor home!!
We use the Baron 4 for yoga as well! There is no better feeling than "Corpse Pose" on a sunny day on a SUP...
Where to Buy
Long, wide and built to glide, the 11'4" NRS Baron 4 Inflatable SUP is the board of choice for paddlers seeking smooth cruising on rivers, lakes and bays.
- The big, stable Baron 4 gives you a sturdy platform for river running, touring, fitness paddling and even SUP yoga, and the tapered tail makes it surprisingly agile for its size.
- With 247 liters of air volume, the 4-inch-thick Baron 4 provides optimal performance and stability for paddlers up to 215 pounds.
- Inflates to a rock-hard 15 psi for performance that rivals a hard board, then rolls up compactly when deflated for easy transport and storage.
- Three removable, interchangeable fins let you customize your board for tracking and turning to suit the water you're riding.
- Heavy-duty PVC construction stands up to abrasion and abuse.
- The diamond-textured foam deck pad gives you a non-slip surface for excellent riding control.
- Nylon fins flex to absorb impacts without breaking.
- Top-quality Leafield C7 inflation/deflation valve for unsurpassed reliability.
- Sturdy webbing handle in the center of the board for easy carrying.
- Two webbing handles up front, plus one on the tail, help you hold onto the board during a swim.
- Three stainless D-rings give you attachment points for gear and a leash.
- The Baron 4 comes with a handy carry/storage backpack, interchangeable fins, pressure gauge, high-pressure pump, Leafield valve adapter and a repair kit.
- There's always room in your home or car for an inflatable SUP from NRS. Throw it on your back, in the car or on an airplane, and you're on your way to your next adventure.