NRS CVest Type III PFD

Best PFD on the market for around $100. This is one…

Source: borrowed it

Summary

Best PFD on the market for around $100.

Pros

• Great price
  • Plenty of 'real' pockets to stow gear and equipment
  • Fully adjustable to most body sizes
  • Not at all bulky like most in this price range
  • Comes in multiple colors

Cons

• Doesn't fit as snug on smaller frames

This is one of the best PFD I've used to date. Granted I'm not a white water nut, but I raft and canoe the swamps and Gulf of Mexico. I've used many PFD's, and never really found one that I thought would be worth buying. Until now.

I used this one one a recent trip to Deer Island off the Mississippi Gulf Coast. And found myself awaiting the arrival home so I could purchase it online. The 5 zip pockets came in great for stashing gear. It also has a radio pocket, which I used for my cell phone. It fit my Rugby Smart great.

Normally when wearing a PFD, I sinch a small waist pack to my belt for last ditch gear. I always found it uncomfortable sitting and adjusting myself between a waist pack and a bulky vest. I didn't need the waist pack with the pockets on this cool vest. Plus it fit very well, and was not as bulky as any of the others I've worn. And it works well, without the vest riding up to your neck.

I bailed out of the raft in about 20-25ft of water with waves at 3ft. I had no problems what so ever as I reclined and let the waves do their best. I also had no trouble getting back into the raft with the vest pockets filled with my small gear items. To me, that was the best thing about it.

Sure you can find cheaper PFD's out there, but you will not find the comfort or the quality. The ripstop nylon is tougher than most out there. You can also spend another hundred or so dollars on top brands, but why do so if you don't need to?

With all this said, I placed my order about 20 minutes ago on Amazon. Only $106 with standard shipping. And can't wait to bring it along on our next trip to the water. If anyone ever asked me about a good quality PFD for a reasonable price. With no hesitation, I would tell them about this one.

Designed with offshore sea kayakers in mind, the NRS cVest Life Jacket has pockets and attachment points for all the essentials. It also has lots of reflective tape and a cool mesh back that works great with high-back seats.For touring comfort, convenience and safety, the cVest can't be beat. Photographers, naturalists and anyone who likes lots of pockets love it too!Six pockets, including one for a radio, provide lots of handy storage. An accessory lash tab and lanyard loops on the front, plus a beacon loop on the back, give you even more options for outfitting this vest.Flotation is concentrated up front and behind the shoulders, with a mesh lower back that lets you recline, relax and stay cool.SOLAS reflective tape on front and back provides outstanding low-light visibility.Eight adjustment points ensure a snug, secure fit.Large arm openings allow for unobstructed movement while paddling or rowing.Design flotation: 16.5 lbs.

- NRS

The NRS CVest PFD gets you on on the water with a simple motto: "Have pockets, will paddle."

You wouldn't put just any life jacket over your torso, so NRS made sure to give the CVest Type III PFD a large, easy-to-use front zipper and multiple adjustments points to sway your decision. Large front pockets with smaller zippered stash compartments on the front as well as a designated radio pouch at the chest makes the CVest Type III PFD the ideal choice for guides or photo and videographers.

Built to provide touring comfort, convenience, and safety, the NRS cVest Mesh Back PFD can't be beat! The cVest is a must-have for photographers, naturalists, and anyone who likes lots of pockets on their life jacket.

- EMS

NRS CVest Kayak Lifejacket - The CVest type III PFD by NRS is designed with offshore sea kayakers in mind. The NRS CVest Life Jacket has pockets and attachment points for all the essentials. Six pockets, including one for a radio, provide lots of handy storage. Photographers, naturalists and anyone who likes lots of pockets love it. It also has lots of reflective tape and a cool mesh back that works great with high-back seats. The CVest is also comfortable. It is designed with 8 adjustment points. The flotation is concentrated up front and behind the shoulders with a mesh lower back. This allows you to recline, relax and stay cool in the cockpit. The CVest type III PFD by NRS is convenient, comfortable and highly buoyant.

- Outdoorplay