Nuun U Hydration Tablets

These electrolyte tablets are a great alternative…

Price Paid: $30 for 3 tubes (48 tablets total)

Summary

These electrolyte tablets are a great alternative to messy powders to bring along when hiking. They dissolve easily and even add a little fizz to your water. The flavors are all natural and delicious.

Pros

• Yummy flavors
  • Dissolves easily
  • Add fizz to your water

Cons

• Not enough flavor options in the all-natural variety
  • Tube of tablets could be considered heavy for backpacking

I purchased three tubes of these Nuun all-natural tablets on Amazon after reading about them on a blog. Previously I had been using electrolyte powders which inevitably you always end up opening the wrong way or spilling half of it on the ground.  Tablets are the perfect, non-messy solution!

I purchased the Goji Berry Green Tea, Tangerine Ginger, and Lemon Chai. They are all delicious, but I would say that the Tangerine Ginger is my favorite since it has the most flavor. The flavors are not strong but definitely improve plain old water.

Living in Florida, I do a lot of hiking in intense heat and keeping your electrolytes up is important. I will definitely continue to buy these in the future.

If you've owned or used a Nuun U Hydration Tablets, please share your experience.

Nuun U Hydration Tablets

The Nuun U Hydration Tablets is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen March 27, 2014 at Backcountry.com.

If you're looking for a new drink, check out the best reviewed current models.