Old Town Dirigo 106

I love the storage hatches on this kayak. It is light…

Summary

I love the storage hatches on this kayak. It is light enough for me to easily load on the top of my SUV.

Pros

• Easily accessible storage hatches
  • Comfortable seat

I have had my Dirigo for nine months and love it. My favorite part is the storage hatches which are easily accessible while on the water.

This is a well made, durable kayak. I am 5'-7" and have plenty of leg room. This kayak is very stable on the water and is lightweight enough that it is easy for me to load it on my SUV without any assistance.

I have used this kayak on rivers, ponds, and lakes. It does well in windy conditions and waves on a lake.  I have not used it in any whitewater rapids.

Take a casual paddle on a lake or explore a slow-moving river when you're in the cockpit of the Old Town Dirigo 106 Kayak. This is the shortest and most maneuverable of the Dirigo-series boats, which makes it perfect for beginners just getting started on the water, or vets looking for a boat that's forgiving and easy to paddle. With the Click Seal stern hatch, you get enough storage for a medium-sized drybag full of gear, and the OT cushioned seat and Glide Track foot brace system give you a comfortable and stable paddling platform. The Dirigo has all the comforts of a floating living room, too, like a molded cup holder, thigh pads, paddle keeper, and a waterproof glove box hatch for keys, phone, and other valuables, so you're never unprepared, even when you're on the water.

The Old Town Dirigo 106 kayak is all you need to get out on local waters and enjoy the paddle.