Old Town Saranac 146

Great boat. We are a family of three that loves to…

Summary

Great boat.

Pros

• Room for 3
  • Small enough for 1
  • Comfy

Cons

• No yoke

We are a family of three that loves to kayak, but our little guy is now too large to fit in our boats with us so we opted to get a canoe for family trips. The center storage unit provides a good seat for the kid while also providing space to store lunch and drinks.

No issues for us in terms of stability as we are very used to being in canoes for fishing and lounging. I had no issues standing to cast in this boat even with others in it. The seats are comfortable, but I wish I could lay the back down flat on to the seat if I didn't want to use it. For instance if I wanted to sit on the front seat facing back to paddle my self around. I guess that is why I have the kayak.

The one negative thing about this boat that I knew before I bought it was that without a yoke in the center it is harder to carry when I am alone. I opted to have a place for the kid to sit instead.

Very comfortable due to padded seat. Easy rowing canoe.

Summary

Very comfortable due to padded seat. Easy rowing canoe. Great value for the price.

Pros

• Padded seats
  • Durable hull
  • Lots of room and weight capacity

Cons

• Little tipsy for beginners

Bought this canoe last summer it was our first experience with a canoe. Canoe was a little tipsy to begin with but added a set of stabilizers to the sides and it made a big difference. Really liked the idea of the padded seats with backs to them, makes it more enjoyable to stay on the water for long periods of time.