Olicamp Xcelerator Ultra Titanium Stove

Light as can be, remote stove that so far has been…

Summary

Light as can be, remote stove that so far has been bullet-proof. I really like that I can use this with a wind screen which makes it much more versatile than your typical canister stove.

Pros

• Light
  • Can use a wind screen
  • Efficient

I've had this stove for eight months and have used it on five or six trips, the longest a 5-day hike in SEKI. It's been very easy to use and attaches easily to a canister. It does not have a built-in igniter but works fine with a lighter. The flame is very adjustable and is a big improvement over the Whisperlite it replaced. It boils quickly when turned up but I usually keep it low for efficiency. I can get a week out of an 8 oz can of MSR Isofuel.

I use a windscreen with it that I purchased from Anti-gravity Gear. Works well with this stove. Stove is relatively stable but because it is so light, if there's no weight on it, it can be moved accidentally. I've used it with both a GSI Pinnacle Soloist and 4-cup titanium MontBell pot with no issues.

I've seen no signs of wear. Highly recommended.

Michael King

Thanks for the review. One of my buddies is looking for a new stove. We just finished a 5 day backpacking trip in Medicine Bow National Forest, WY. I have the Soto OD-1R micro-regulator stove and love it. But the OliCamp may be an even better alternative. I wish you had noted the number of times you have used it (since you speak of little wear) and the dimensions of the stove. No worries--I'll look them up as additional research. Thanks again.

Joe Lynch

I've used the stove approximately 20 times for heating water, no real cooking with it. It folds up approximately 2"x2"x3" and comes in a soft sided mesh sack.

Thanks for sharing your review on Trailspace, Joe. Welcome to the community!

The Xcelerator Ultra Titanium Stove from Olicamp features ultimate functionality with an extended fuel line. Not having the fuel canister below the stove allows windscreens to offer additional protection from the wind.

- CampSaver.com

The titanium Olicamp Xcelerator is a remote canister stove that is lighter weight than most sit-on-top stoves. Remote canister stoves are more efficient as they can be used with wind screens to maximize heat transfer in poor weather. Use with our Convector windshield for a robust cooking system in poor weather conditions. Remote stoves sit lower to the ground and are more stable for cooking and withlarger pots. The Xcelerator stoves pot supports, wide burner, and stem are all made from ultralight and rugged titanium. Fitted with a metal mesh gas line and machined aluminum block valve. Our valve is designed for precise flame adjustment for cooking outdoor gourmet meals. Convenient canister fuel eliminates the need for priming or pumping. Fits universal screw-on valve canister fuel of Butane/Propane mixtures.

- Mountains Plus