OluKai 'Amo Flip-Flops

These sandals are great for a family vacation. I have…

Summary

These sandals are great for a family vacation. I have had the ones with the pink straps for about 3 years now and they still look and feel great.

These flip flops look nice enough to wear out to dinner, they are comfortable enough to walk around in all day, and I can wear them into the water if we're at the beach. I wouldn't wear them out in the woods because I think that branches would probably scratch them. My husband has a pair and he cut the sole a little when he stubbed his toe on our granite steps.

I wouldn't be comfortable wearing them into a chlorine pool. They would probably be fine but I won't take the chance. I bet the pink straps would show any water stains.

The price seems high for flip-flops, but I'm glad I have them and will buy another pair when they wear out.

Pros

• Comfortable for walking a lot
  • A nice look that can be dressed up or down
  • Versatile

Cons

• I won't leave them by the public pool, I'm afraid someone will steal them!

Fit: I have somewhat low arches and the arches in these flip flops feel great.

Comfort: They didn't require a break-in period.  I've never experienced chaffing, they are pretty soft.
Support: I had low expectations for them (they're flip flops) but they are more supportive than I thought they would be.

Water resistance: They do take a couple of hours to dry once they get wet but I've worn them into the campground shower and the lake and they've handled it well.

Traction: There is some grip in the sole which is nice.

Construction & Durability: Great.  Well made and worthy of the price tag.

Conditions: I have worn these flip flops on several vacations over the last 3 years and most nights and weekends during the summers.

Hi, Sarah! Great to see you sharing this review on Trailspace.

The men's Hoka One One Stinson B EVO Running Shoe has a maximally cushioned midsole which offers superior protection, comfort and propulsion. The distinctive rockered geometry of Hoka shoes creates a platform for optimally efficient natural running mechanics. The oversized outsoles- which have twice the surface area of typical running shoes- provide for maximum stability, traction and connection to the ground.

- RockCreek

The Olukai Amo Women's Flip Sandal is a stylish women's shoe.Water-resistant synthetic leather strap with soft, quick-drying jersey knit lining and neoprene backer.Anatomical compression-molded EVA midsole with a non-slip brushed EVA drop-in foot bed for comfort and support.Non-marking rubber or gum rubber outsole with perimeter razor siping for grip on wet surfaces.Soft nylon toe post webbing, and colorful PU print logo.

- Campmor

Olukai Womens 'Amo Sandals - Closeout - Features: * Premium water resistant textured nubuck or leather straps with embroidered detailing * Microfiber suede and neoprene strap lining * Premium water resistant nubuck leather footbed cover * Soft EVA/rubber Drop-in footbed * Embossed footbed logo * Anatomical molded EVA midsole * Non-marking, durable rubber outsole

- Massey's Outfitters

Ready for sparkling beaches, the OluKai 'Amo flip-flops supply sleek style and versatile performance for warm-weather wear. Water-resistant synthetic leather straps offer a secure, versatile fit; flexible nylon toe posts supply comfort between toes. Soft, quick-drying, jersey-knit linings are backed with neoprene for great comfort against bare skin. Compression-molded EVA midsoles with exclusive OluKai anatomic, brushed EVA footbeds provide a supportive fit, good grip underfoot and lasting cushioning. Nonmarking gum rubber outsoles on the OluKai 'Amo flip-flops feature razor siping around perimeter for enhanced traction on wet surfaces.

Whether you spend most of your time at the beach or just love the feeling of flip-flops in summer, the OluKai WomenAs Amo Sandals fit your lifestyle. The Amo Sandals have contoured footbeds for comfort and siped rubber outsoles for enhanced grip on wet surfaces. Water-resistant faux-leather straps with foam padding and a soft toe post wonAt rub your feet the wrong way.

OluKai 'Amo Flip-Flops

The OluKai 'Amo Flip-Flops is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen February 7, 2014 at RockCreek.

If you're looking for a new flip-flop, check out the best reviewed current models.