Omega Pacific Standard Locking D

The Locking D is a decent 'biner at a good price.

Summary

The Locking D is a decent 'biner at a good price. It does not provide all the [unnecessary] bells and whistles of some other carabiners, but it is going to provide a climber exactly what he needs without breaking the bank.

Pros

• Price
  • Dependable

Cons

• Not a lot of versatility
  • Narrow gate
  • Weighty

I use these every day on my Adventure Challenge course. They are a dependable aluminum carabiner at a low cost. I primarily use them on my climbing gym wall and on my outdoor tower.

I do not use them in my personal gear, because of the cons. The gate is pretty small, making it difficult to clip in with gloved hands. There are lighter 'biners on the market. And I suspect they wouldn't hold up to the abuse I put my 'biners through while caving (To be fair, I haven't put that suspicion to the test.).

If you are looking for a 'biner for the local climbing gym or basic rope work, this is a good one to use. If your needs are a greater (change overs, rope transfers, etc), I'd look elsewhere.

50-RC-5-08.jpg

Visit Omega Pacific's Standard Locking D page.

You're looking at one of the strongest aluminum carabiners in the world. At 31 kN, it's wicked-strong and represents the strongest and most durable design in basic functional climbing carabiners. Through ISO Cold Forging, material is put exactly where it will render the strongest design possible for a carabiner of its size and materials. Specifications: 1 kN = 225 lbs of force Strength Closed: 31 kN 108.7mm L x 60.7mm W

- NRS

This lightweight locking 'biner is constructed using an ISO Cold Forging process for an extraordinary strength-to-weight ratio.

Free Shipping. Omega Pacific D Locking Carabiners - 6 Pack DECENT FEATURES of the Omega Pacific D Locking Carabiners 6 Pack A six pack of one of the strongest aluminum carabiners in the world the most durable design in basic, functional climbing carabiners ISO Cold Forging puts the material exactly where it will render the strongest design possible for an aluminum carabiner this size The SPECS (for each individual carabiner) Gate Opening: 16mm / 0.630in. Major Axis Strength: 31 kN Gate Open Strength: 9 kN Minor Axis Strength: 9 kN Weight: 74 grams / 2.6 ounces Length: 108.7mm / 4.28in. Width: 60.7mm / 2.39in. ALL CLIMBING SALES ARE FINAL.

This is a lightweight, low profile, state-of-the-art carabiner. ISO cold forged with the same good looks and strength of a "hot forged" but at an amazingly affordable price. Gate screws closed for maximum security while the frame geometry minimizes rope wear and ensures that bent-gate carabiners hang straight when used in a quickdraw.

- RockCreek