One Planet Bush-Lite

I have used One Planet jackets and packs before and…

Design: tapered rectangle
Fill: 900 down
Temperature Rating: -15
Weight: 1.5
Price Paid: 630

I have used One Planet jackets and packs before and prior to going to the Himalayas again I decided that I needed a new sleeping bag. I noticed that in Australia you never see a secondhand One Planet bag for sale. Now I know why.

I bought the Bushlite large 900 down bag. Superb, brilliant design, fairly light, beautifully made. Best bag I have seen bar none.

I told my wife this will be the last bag I ever need to buy, they are that good. The Benchmark.

This One Planet (formerly known as J&H) bag stands…

Design: rectangular
Fill: 700 grams down
Temperature Rating: 0 Celcius
Weight: 1.4 kg
Price Paid: AUS $459

This One Planet (formerly known as J&H) bag stands out because of its design.

The zip is backed by a tape, making it less likely to catch. The bag is used at home as much as on the road, as the bag easily unzips as a warm blanket.

The baffles are sewn in a manner which stops the down from moving. Combined with a number of other design features, I have found no cold spots when using the bag in winter.

I went back to the importer when my original J&H bag (same design) leaked feathers at a slightly disconcerting rate. I was impressed when they backed their guarantee and replaced the bag, even though I had used it for twelve years.

After testing out a loan bag (see Dandelion review)…

Design: Tapered Rectangular
Fill: 700 fill down
Temperature Rating: 4 season
Weight: 1.45kg

After testing out a loan bag (see Dandelion review) from One Planet I was so impressed that I lashed out and bought one. I prefer the tapered rectangular shape and this bag has not disappointed. On my last bushwalking trip I spent some time in a bivy bag. The bivy kept the rain out but some condensation formed inside. In the morning I took the bag out, shook off the water droplets on the Dryloft outer and it was right to go. I've seen a lot of gear over the years, and spent many nights in a range of sleeping bags, but I'm yet to see anything better than One Planet bags. Highly recommended!

If you've owned or used an One Planet Bush-Lite, please share your experience.

One Planet Bush-Lite

The One Planet Bush-Lite is not available from the stores we monitor.