Orange Mud HydraQuiver Vest Pack 2

without bottles with bottles
Weight 264 g / 9.4 oz 416 g / 14.7 oz

Vest pack with two 24 oz bottle holders high on the…

Summary

Vest pack with two 24 oz bottle holders high on the back. By default, this system has two velcro closed pockets on the shoulder straps for holding small items like food or lighting. Two expandable chest pockets are also included.

Pros

• Ease of use
  • Versatility
  • Fit

Cons

• Bottle holder adjustment (thickness)
  • Lack of clips

I purchased this item because I specifically do not like to run with bladder systems. The bottle holders are very easy to reach to grab or place back your hydration and never feels like you're "sloshing." Plenty of pockets come with the system by default and it has the ability to support an additional modular pack that can be placed between the two bottle holders.

At first I felt that it might cause some chaffing after a run, but after a 4-mile trial if anything it felt more comfortable than when I started.

I purchased the modular pack with the intent to use it to carry water filtration when in the mountains and it is more than large enough to support that. It additionally has a clip to hold your keys inside the modular pack, but that just made me wish the vest itself had one for the times I may not carry the additional pack.

I can see having additional water bottles dropped along a course and never needing to even pause at an aid station if enough food is brought along.

Thanks for the Vest Pack review, B Viers! I'd be curious to see a picture of it on you and how it fits.

Have you run with it more than 4 miles? I have a pair of shoes that are my favorite for short runs, but after 10K, they start hurting my little toe. I run with a bladder, because it's what I have, and I don't want to sink $$ into an item I don't know much about.

B Viers

Hi Alicia. I'll take a picture on Thursday when I head out for 16 miles.

B Viers

G00SE, I've run two more times since then with it for 7 & 9 miles. First real test will be Thursday on a 16 mile run I'll be glad to post an update then! I have run with a bladder before and I really hate that slosh slosh slosh feeling once I'm about half empty.

Thanks, B Viers. I use one of two women's Nathan hydration packs for long runs, but I've considered the Orange Muds for race days when I just want a bottle or two with me. One issue though is that they're unisex.