Osprey Ariel 75

small medium large
Weight 4 lb 12 oz / 2.15 kg 5 lb 0 oz / 2.27 kg 5 lb 3 oz / 2.35 kg
Capacity 4400 cu in / 72 L 4600 cu in / 75 L 4800 cu in / 78 L

Having had the smaller, men's version of this pack-type…

Design: top loading internal frame
Size: 4300
Number of Pockets: 4
Max. Load Carried: 35 lbs
Height of Owner: 5'4"

Having had the smaller, men's version of this pack-type (Aether 60), and liking its feel, I decided to purchase the customizable women's series pack--slightly larger, the Ariel 75 has just enough space to pack what you need without overloading yourself.

We took a 100-mile trek through the SNP at the end of the summer. I had just purchased the pack, and hoped it wore as well as the Aether. I was very pleasantly surprised. I was able to carry my pack each day without much realization I will still wearing it. This pack fits you as if it were an extension to your own body--very snug, and rides around your hips rather than on top of them. It was the first time I did not need additional padding on my bonier areas to soften a long day on the trail.

Pockets are quite adequate and, although there is no hydration bladder inside, the outside front pocket fits a 70 oz bladder well, and does not affect the balance of pack. Others use the top pocket. Two side mesh pockets are also much roomier than they look.

I highly recommend this pack--great comfort, durable materials, just enough pockets to help organize.