Best multi-day pack out there. Buy the Anti Gravity…

Summary

Best multi-day pack out there. Buy the Anti Gravity system, it is worth the investment. The Osprey lifetime warranty and the quality make it the best deal out there for my money.

Pros

• Anti Gravity system
  • Mesh ventilation
  • Fit on the fly system

Cons

• Can't use as a carry-on due to size
  • No raincover
  • No detachable daypack

Absolutely FANTASTIC pack. The Anti Gravity system makes 30# seem like 10, and the ventilation system keeps your back and torso dry. The fit is made for a woman's build, although you still have to measure for a small, medium, or large frame.  The Fit-on-the-Fly system makes small adjustments easy.

I researched packs for months before deciding on this one for a long anticipated JMT hike. I would buy this again in a minute. Biggest issue for me is that it is just inches too big to be used as a carryon. Shaving just a couple inches off the frame would make the difference and would be a welcome benefit for many who don't want to check their bag.

Love, love, love this pack.

Welcome to Trailspace, Tre! Thanks for taking the time to share a review of your Osprey pack (I've also liked all of my Ospreys). When is your JMT hike? Also, do you have any pictures of your pack in use?

Tre Bradley

My hike I the last week of September and sorry no, I don't have any photos.

Good luck prepping for your hike this fall!

Tre Bradley

Thank you, I did 11.67 miles Monday and the pack felt great. I do concur with Cathy Rehr and Elizabeth McCoy about the hip pockets though, they are pretty difficult to access. It seems to be the zipper, not the actual location of the pockets.

The Osprey Aura Anti Gravity suspension system makes…

Summary

The Osprey Aura Anti Gravity suspension system makes for a comfortable fit and no sweat puddles on your back. I carry 35 lbs with no problem.

Pros

• Suspension system
  • Roomy storage
  • Removable top

Cons

• Silver color looks dirty
  • Hip pockets a little tricky to open while wearing

I wish Osprey had more colors for women to choose from. Seems like the men have better choices.

I have to use a bear canister and I have enough room to organize my gear with all the roomy compartments.

This is my first backpack and I am super impressed by how it floats on my back and keeps me cool. Love love the suspension system!

Fits as if it were made for me! Comfortable and able…

Summary

Fits as if it were made for me! Comfortable and able to carry 40 pounds easily. Lots of pockets and securing straps. Removable lid.

Pros

• Great fit!
  • Roomy
  • Lots of pockets and straps
  • Removable lid
  • Separate sleeping bag compartment
  • Nice side stretchy pockets
  • Hydration compatible
  • The best thing about this pack is that it carries heavy weight very well!

Cons

• Only two colors, gray or green
  • Zippers on hip belt pockets don't even work! Ever!

I bought this pack for this season and I am in love with it already. It fits like a glove to my torso. It is comfortable with 37-42 pounds, which will be my average weight on the trail with food.

I like all the pockets and the deep side pockets fit my 32 oz Nalgene bottle perfectly. I like having hip belt pockets for easy to reach snacks and gear.

I got a deal on this pack online, total cost $234 including FREE gift Osprey Ultralight Stuff sack! Amazing price considering pack retails for $260. I bought it from BackcountryGear.com

Update 9/2016:

After hiking 150 miles on the JMT I had to add comment about the worst side belt pockets on any pack I have ever owned! They don't work! Ever!

Also a new positive comment! This pack carries heavy weights very well! 43-50 pounds for 150 miles! No bruises no red marks! No issues on shoulders or hips! If you are carrying a heavy load this pack is for you!

The hip belt pockets I just left unzipped the whole trip with snacks easy to reach, for expensive gear like phone and charging cables etc... I hooked a small nylon GoPro bag to my belt and kept ID, $$, medicine, permit, phone, medicine.

Thanks for the update, Elizabeth. I'm glad to hear the Osprey worked out overall for your JMT trip.