Osprey DigiStow

Height 4.5 in / 11 cm 6 in / 16 cm 7 in / 18 cm
Width 3.5 in / 9 cm 4 in / 10 cm 5.5 in / 14 cm
Depth 1.5 in / 4 cm 2 in / 5 cm 2 in / 5 cm
Price $14.50 $19.50 $24.50

A decent case, but I won't be buying another. Cannot…

Summary

A decent case, but I won't be buying another. Cannot be opened/closed with one hand, inner pocket elastic has already stretched out.

Pros

• Overall good construction
  • Secures well to belt/backpack
  • Very water resistant

Cons

• Cannot be zipped-unzipped with one hand
  • Inner pocket elastic has stretched out

It took me losing a camera battery to write this review. This is the Osprey Digistow (M). I have been using it primarily for my compact camera, a Canon S120. Although a little large, this is no concern.

The case itself is constructed well, however with a couple of fatal flaws. The wide-mouth design prevents one-hand opening/closing. This is a large drawback for me, as I like to keep my camera accessible but in its case. I have lost several quick-draw opportunities because of this.

The exterior or the case is very well made, a tougher material than many of their packs! It is well padded, and quite water resistant.

This image shows how the cut of the case prevents one-hand operation. I have never had any concern otherwise with zipper function.

See what I mean?

I would not want to rely on plastic d-rings to hold an expensive camera.

The rear attachment portion of the case is well thought out, and secure. Note that this has three points where the hook-and-loop attachments keep things together.

I have only kept camera batteries in this pocket, nothing that could have stressed the elastic. Losing camera batteries is not only environmentally unfriendly, but frustrating and expensive!

The inner material is soft, and terry lined. Great for caring for sensitive electronics.

Overall, this is a disappointing little case. I have gone from really liking it a couple of years ago (4 stars), down to two. I will plan on re-appropriating this case for some other use other than my compact camera, and it will work well... As a 'Digi-stow'? NO.

I didn't know Osprey made stuff like this. Good review, Sean.

Visit Osprey's DigiStow page.

The Osprey DigiStows attach almost anywhere on your pack via a velcro strap. The small will hold most digital point and shoot cameras, the medium is great for most GPS units and the large will hold smaller binoculars.

- CampSaver.com

Perfect for GPS units and digital point-and-shoot cameras, the Osprey Digi Stow accessory pocket can be attached almost anywhere on your pack with its versatile rip-and-stick strap.

We carry our cameras and cellphones virtually everywhere nowadays, however, we'd be lying if said that we didn't drop them all of the time. Why not show them a little love with the Osprey Digi-Stows Camera/Binocular Case. After all, they keep our memories alive and connect us with loved ones. This camera case is ideal for any type of electronic device that you deem necessary for a day, or overnight, on the trails. It's the perfect add-on for an Osprey pack -- the hook-and-loop strap keeps your camera, binoculars, or GPS unit secured to your pack and ready for action. Light padding and a zippered closure add protection, and the removable shoulder strap lets you sling the case for short day hikes or nature tours.

The Osprey Backpacks Digi-Stow, Medium Camera Case is perfect for a point and shoot camera or GPS devise. Straps onto your backpack with integrated Velcro strap. Carry it separately when you aren't wearing a pack using the included shoulder strap. Never miss a shot because you have to take off and dig around in your backpack for your camera. A must-have accessory to keep your electronics safe in the backcountry. Volume: 24 cubic inches (0.4 liters). Weight: 3 oz (.08 kg). Dimensions: 6.5x3 inches

- Tahoe Mountain Sports