Osprey Eclipse 36

This is an awesome pack. I researched literally every…

Design: Top loading internal
Size: Med
Number of Pockets: 2 inside 2 on lid 2 on front
Max. Load Carried: 60 lbs
Height of Owner: 5'9

This is an awesome pack. I researched literally every part of this pack before I got it. The main selling point for me was the fit. It fits insanely well. A little warm (as with all internal frame packs) but I like it a lot. One cool thing is in the straight jacket straps there is a really cool pocket for maps and other flat things. I put my medical kit there. It's cool. Love it in every way.

I bought this pack for long day trips carrying your…

Design: Technical day pack
Size: 2200 cu in
Number of Pockets: 8
Max. Load Carried: ~45 lbs
Height of Owner: 5'7"
Price Paid: $160 USD

I bought this pack for long day trips carrying your average day trip gear plus photo gear consisting of a medium format camera body with a lens and two backs, light meter, tripod, filters, etc. Photo-specific packs are nearly always lacking when it comes to useful features for actual outdoor use, so I decided to go for this pack. I've found that the size is just about perfect for what I need it to do. I can throw some rain gear and warm layers in the bottom, add some food and emergency shelter, and still have room for my photo gear. Even fully loaded this pack is supremely comfortable--I've never found another suspension system that fits me or performs as well as the one Osprey uses in their packs. This one is no different. Even when it's full of photo gear, it's compact and stable enough to easily be taken via mountain bike. The compression system works perfectly and is superbly adaptable to different load sizes. I can recommend this pack wholeheartedly, as I have not found any problems with it at all and for the price it really can't be beat, I don't think. I won't get into all the little features that make this pack so well rounded-out (you can find that out easily enough on your own), but this seems to be an extremely well thought out product.

Built for any adventure, this hydration compatible pack carries plenty of water, plus it provides plenty of room for a day's worth of gear. AquaSource hydration pack can be removed and used as a light daypack (300 cu.in), plus it serves as the torso-adjustable harness. Color-coded markers on yoke allow easy torso adjustments. Reservoir pocket holds a recommended 100 oz. of fluid (reservoir sold separately). Reservoir pocket with dual exit ports for the hydration tube allow you to route the hose/bite valve to the left or the right. Top-loading with dual pockets in lid plus a large front mesh mesh for easy loading of gear. Contoured BioLite hipbelt for load support keeps the load comfortably on your hips while on the go. ErgoPull hipbelt closure provides extra leverage in cinching, drawing tension along top and bottom, not through the center, relieving hipbone pressure. Full length peripheral Delrin rod frame distributes weight evenly. Daisy chain lash points and loops for A-frame ski attachment, trekking poles and other gear. One-liter sized water bottle side pockets allow for convenient, on-the-go hydration (water bottles sold separately). StraightJacket foam sidewalls compress the contents, securing small and large loads.

The Eclipse 36 puts the StraightJacket system to work in a classically styled top-loading pack.

- Snow Leopard Mountain Sports

Osprey Eclipse 36

The Eclipse 36 has been discontinued. It was replaced by the Osprey Eclipse 36+5.

The Osprey Eclipse 36 is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen sometime before 2006 at Altrec Outdoors.