Osprey Halo

I got this pack for free from a retailer for my birthday.

Design: ECO fabric, small mesh pockets
Size: 900 Cubic inches
Height of Owner: 5'11"

I got this pack for free from a retailer for my birthday. The OSPREY Halo backpack is a 900 cubic small daypack. I use it outside of work carrying. My bulging wallet, water for the family, keys, 1st aid kit, lightweight rain gear, and snacks. I call it a EDC pack. It is comfortable to wear, there is no strenum strap.

The couple issues I have

1) because of my large torso length is that the waist strap becomes a strenum strap on me. The kids and the wife the waist strap is used as such. If you are tall this prouduct feature will not work for you.

2) the water bottle pockets are designed for soda pop can diameter. This will not accomdate a 32 oz Nalgene bottle.

Overall I have been very happy with this pack taking out and about after work to the gym, shopping, treks to the zoo, and just everyday life.

Osprey has completed the ring of eco-friendly construction with the Halo, a sustainable-resource using urban pack made of 79% recycled content. Recycled PET - a thermoplastic resin made from ground up soda bottles and water - forms the basis for the main body, mesh pockets, binding tape, buckles, fabric zipper pulls and even webbing. All this, plus Osprey's famous intuitive, useful design creates a backpack you'll feel good about stuffing the pieces of your daily grind into.

- Mountain Gear

On Sale. Free Shipping. Osprey Halo Daypack (Spring 2009) The Halo Daypack by Osprey Features 79 percent recycled materials composition Dual daisy chains Internal hydration/laptop sleeve with padded bottom Porthole for hydration and MP3 cord Mesh side bottle pockets Ice axe loop Removable waiststrap Cubic Inches: 900 Liters: 15 Pounds/Ounces: 1/4 Kilograms: 0.57

New for this season, Osprey launches their ReSource line of eco-friendly day packs. The Osprey Halo is the ideal daypack for the environmentally conscious urban warrior, built with 79% recycled materials including buckles made of 100% reground buckle scrap. Complete with a hydration sleeve/laptop pocket and ice axe loops, you can carry the Halo across campus during the week and to across the mountain on the weekend.

- Altrec Outdoors

Osprey Halo

The Halo has been discontinued.

The Osprey Halo is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen January 15, 2013 at Mountain Gear.

If you're looking for a new daypack (under 2,000 cu in), check out the best reviewed current models.