Osprey Hydraulics Reservoir

The Hydraulics Reservoir replaced the Osprey Hydraform 3 Liter Reservoir.

A great reservoir! And easy maintenance. Here is another…

Price Paid: ~$30

Summary

A great reservoir! And easy maintenance.

Pros

• Design
  • Maintenance
  • Durability

Cons

• Emptying water

Here is another great product by Osprey! This product comes in both 2L and 3L, mine of which being the 3L, and it is held well, and offers plenty of water for the backcountry. I've had a few reservoirs, and this one is my favorite to date.

It fits into multiple packs well, even at 3Ls.  Including a Talon 22, which is not the largest pack, but 3L is held just fine; as well as my Kid Carrier by a different brand (which I was a little leery of the fit, but no worries).

The main reason I wanted to write a review is how easy this is to maintain, and manage even with issues. I was on the trail, and having issue flow. After inspection, I realized a few small pebbles had gotten into the bite valve. I stopped, and was able to address the issue easily. Everything came apart easily, and was cleaned out even more so. I was back on the trail and enjoying my hike in no time.

I highly recommend this reservoir.

KiwiKlimber

I've been eyeing this reservoir for awhile now. Almost all the staff at my local gear store say they now use this reservoir over others like Camelbak or Platypus, even if they don't carry an Osprey pack. Reasons being it functions well, cleans easily, the handle makes for easy access and the stiff back keeps it from moving around. I see they make a 2.5L as well, but I believe the more common ones to find are 2L and 3L. Thanks for the review!