Osprey Kestrel 32

s/m m/l
Weight 2 lb 12 oz / 1.26 kg 2 lb 14 oz / 1.30 kg
Capacity 1800 cu in / 30 L 2000 cu in / 32 L

Got the pack for long day hikes and peak bagging.

Design: Panel Loading
Size: M/L
Number of Pockets: 1
Max. Load Carried: 25 lbs
Height of Owner: 6'3"

Got the pack for long day hikes and peak bagging. I often carry quite a bit of gear for peaks, especially if I have family with me. I have a 19" torso, so they say. I bought a M/L. I loaded it up and went out climbing.

I had 20-25 lbs in it b/w gear, food, and water. The compression system really cinched the load down well and kept it from moving as the pack was not completely full -- I was impressed. The load lifter straps kept the weight off my shoulders and the bag pulled tight against my back. I used the built-in rain cover as it did rain. The cover worked well. The trekking pole attachment also worked well and kept it out of my way.

I liked the external access for the hydration reservoir. The airscape back panel did its job I suppose - I was very sweaty from head to toe as I did a strenuous climb. The pockets on the waist belt worked well -- I put my camera in one.

The waist belt was comfortable but could be slightly "beefier" as I believe it is basically mesh. The weight of the pack was more or less supported across my hips and off my shoulders.

Not sure if I like the panel design though as compared to a top loader however it does make for easier access.

Overall I was pleased with the purchase.

Osprey Kestrel is a superb pack. I have used a variety…

Design: Panel Loader
Size: 32L
Number of Pockets: 4
Max. Load Carried: 30
Height of Owner: 6'4"

Osprey Kestrel is a superb pack. I have used a variety of day packs, internal frames, and camera backpacks. I was looking for something that carried better than a camera pack, was airline carry-on reg, could be used on rugged off trail hikes. After trying out several packs I found the Kestrel 32.

At 32L size, its specs are just in the carry-on size limits. Or, at least, no one has every questioned it.

With a simple frame, it provides enough support to transfer the load to the hips. The panel loader design is easy to access, a real plus to get at camera gear. The two belt and one top pocket are small but can be used for small items. Note the top pocket is in the main compartment so filling it costs you a little bit of internal space.

The back mesh sleeve, holds a jacket.

The trekking pole attachment works well.

It carries well off trail.

Very good pack. Worth looking at for the photographer and the hiker or climber too.

This is my third pack and I bought it for fast overnight…

Design: front-loading internal
Size: 32L
Number of Pockets: 7
Max. Load Carried: 20#
Height of Owner: 5'8"

This is my third pack and I bought it for fast overnight trips and extended day trips where my North Face Prophet 45 is too big and my North Face Hammerhead is too small.

Size wise, the Kestrel 32 is perfect for what I needed it for. The panel loading design made it easy to load my sleeping gear, tent (MSR Microzoid with the poles and pegs strapped outside), and cooking gear with some food, and a couple pieces of extra clothing into the main compartment.

I loved the pockets on the hip belt for small stuff like my keys. I also liked the hoop and catch for the trekking poles but they only work when the poles are shortened down to their storage length.

The suspension system on this pack works very well. I'm 5'8", 150# and the S/M pack fit me perfectly. A couple of adjustments with the straps and I was able to adjust the fit when I dropped off the sleep gear for a days worth of hiking.

I really felt the air flowing between my back and vented back panel which was awesome considering I was in Joshua Tree NP in the low 90's.

My only gripe is that the externally accessible water bladder pocket loads the bladder into the main pack compartment taking up space. I don't know if there is a way around that design but with the pack fully loaded, it pushed on the bladder.

PS: Osprey's customer support is awesome too. I lost the included rain cover and they were able to provide me a replacement at minimal cost.

Visit Osprey's Kestrel 32 page.

The Kestrel 32 Daypack's panel-loading design allows quick access to all your gear, and Osprey beefed it up with features you'd usually find only on larger overnight bags. A front stretch-Lycra pocket provides a quick place to stash your shell, and two hip pockets keep your camera, compass, and snacks readily available.

On Sale. Free Shipping. Osprey Kestrel 32 Pack FEATURES of the Osprey Kestrel 32 Pack Stretch mesh front pocket Front daisies with bungee tie-offs Stretch mesh side pockets Reverse Straight Jacket compression straps Integrated raincover Dual ice tool loops External hydration sleeve LightWire frame Torso-adjustable harness Stow-on-the-Go trekking pole attachment AirScape backpanel 12 Zippered hipbelt pockets Panel loading Top mesh zip pocket SPECIFICATIONS of the Osprey Kestrel 32 Pack 210D double diamond nylon 420D nylon packcloth Dimension: (H x W x D): 22 x 12 x 12in. / 57 x 30 x 30 cm SPECIFICATIONS for S/M Volume: 1831 cubic inches / 30 liter Weight: 2 lbs 10 oz / 1.20 kg SPECIFICATIONS for M/L Volume: 1953 cubic inches / 32 liter Weight: 2 lbs 12 oz / 1.24 kg

Osprey Kestrel 32 - New - Backcountry adventures Day Adventures, Climbing & Cragging Panel loading design allows quick access to gear in the Kestrel 32. Ideal for everything from a day at the crags to climbing your favorite peak, this pack will soon become a close companion. A comfortable AirScape backpanel and adjustable harness ensure a great fit. Unique Stow-On-The-Go(TM) trekking pole attachment Stretch lycra mesh front and side pockets Integrated raincover Hydration compatible Front daisies with bungee tie offs Kestrel 32 Features Airscape(TM) Backpanel External hydration pocket Hipbelt pockets Intergrated Raincover 1 Intergrated Raincover 2 Panel loading Reverse StraightJacket(TM) compression straps Stow-On-The-Go(TM) Trekking Pole Attachment 1 Stow-On-The-Go(TM) Trekking Pole Attachment 2 Stretch woven front pocket Tool attachment Torso adjustable harness Volumes and Weights US and International weight and volume specifications Size cu. in. liter lbs/oz kg. S/M 1831 30 2/10 1.20 M/L 1953 32 2/12 1.24 Dimensions Dimensions are shown as length (height) x width x depth Size S/M IN: 20 x 12 x 12 CM: 51 x 30 x 30 Size M/L IN: 22 x 12 x 12 CM: 57 x 30 x 30

- Massey's Outfitters

Day Adventures, Climbing & Cragging---Panel loading design allows quick access to gear in the Kestrel 32. Ideal for everything from a day at the crags to climbing your favorite peak, this pack will soon become a close companion. A comfortable AirScape backpanel and adjustable harness ensure a great fi

- RockCreek