Osprey MapWrap

Weight 3 oz / 85 g

I received this for my birthday back in July and didn't…

I received this for my birthday back in July and didn't have a chance to take it out on the trail until September. Of course my trip involved two days of rain, but I was confident that my WATERPROOF Osprey map wrap would protect my topos that I had printed out on regular 8x10 computer paper to save money from buying waterproof maps.

Saying I was wrong is an understatement.

Pros:

Organizes maps into one location

Looks nice

Protects maps from dirt and keeps them generally clean and protected

Cons:

Leaks like a shower head, definitely not waterproof.

Heavier than a ziploc

I had the Mapwrap strapped to my pack's shoulder strap for easy access while I was hiking. I did not look at my map the first day because I knew the section of trail, but on day two when I go to look at my maps they are all soaked and destroyed. The map wrap was still all sealed up so I am not quite sure where it leaked from, but man oh man does it leak.

I would give this product a higher rating than 0 stars if it even partially lived up to its advertising as a waterproof product.

My advice, save your money and either buy a waterproof map or use a trusty ole ziplock.

Visit Osprey's MapWrap page.

The Osprey MapWrap provides a safe and secure place to carry and view your topo maps. It attaches to any pack via a simple velcro strap.

- CampSaver.com

Tuck your map in the weather-proof Osprey Map Wrap map case and keep it safe, secure and within easy reach while on the go.

Keep your topographical maps safe from the elements thanks to the Osprey Packs Map Wrap. A hook-and-loop closure strap attaches the wrap to your pack for easy access. Burly 210D nylon protects your map from rain, snow, and the occasional grabby tree branch.

On Sale. Osprey Map Wrap FEATURES of the Osprey Map Wrap Easy attachment with hook-and-loop flap Tri-fold roll-up for easy storage Weatherproof seams protect your map SPECIFICATIONS of the Osprey Map Wrap Weight: 4 oz / 0.10 kg Dimension: (H x W x D): Rolled: 13 x 4 x 0.5in. / 32 x 10 x 1 cm, Unrolled: 13 x 11in. / 32 x 26 cm 420D HD mini-rip OVERSIZE ITEM: We cannot ship this product by any expedited shipping method (3-Day, 2-Day or Next Day). Even if you pick that option, it will still go Ground Shipping. Sorry for being so mean.