Osprey Mira 34

I love the mesh back panel, which is like the one…

Summary

I love the mesh back panel, which is like the one on my Osprey Aura 65, for keeping me cool on the long day hikes in town. This is a great pack designed for women that feels great.

Pros

• Mesh Back
  • 2 lb 5 oz
  • 3 liter reservoir

Cons

• Lack of color options
  • Can be hard to clean

The first thing that surprised me on this pack was the size I needed. I got this pack before I got my Aura and was unsure of my Osprey sizing. I got some help at my local store in getting fitted. I ended up with the XS/S.

Once all of the straps were adjusted and hooked together, this pack felt great. I'm heavy chested and the shoulder straps didn't bother me as some models do. The hips straps really allowed the weight to be held easily. The whole pack was very easy to adjust.

The water reservoir has a wide mouth and is easy to fill, but if overfilled, you can feel it. I love the mesh back on the pack. It really helped me remain cooler and not end up a sweaty mess, allowing the sweat to evaporate.

There is an easy access pocket on the front where I put my rain coat, and it has a rain cover included in the bottom pouch of the pack. I also like the magnetic attachment to hold the bite piece in place and out of the way. I do wish it came in different colors (I went with green).

So overall: Very easy to use, compresses down quite a bit for short jaunts, excellent quality material, I think the volume of the pack is correct, feels stable throughout my hikes.

I have used this pack for day hikes throughout Anchorage, Matanuska Glacier, Glenallen, Wasilla, Kenai, Homer, Soldotna. I am looking forward to taking it out of state, and would easily use it for a carry-on. This bad boy has been through hot hikes, rainy weather, and took it like a champ.

Jakuchu

Nice review. I like how the side compression strap zigzags from the bottom of the pack to a bit higher on the other side, and then back to the middle. Seems like it does the work of two straps all by itself.

Daniel Oates

Thanks for the review, Samantha. I have a different Osprey model, but it also has the mesh back panel. I love that feature too!

Ashleigh MODERATOR

Thanks for the nice review, Samantha. Welcome to Trailspace!

1 month ago

With an added large front organizer and shove-it pocket, the largest of the women's specific Mira series from Osprey, the Mira 34 provides ultimate space for extended day trips with stretch mesh side pockets as well as full length side access zipper for easy access to extra gear.

- CampSaver.com

The spacious Osprey Mira 34 hydration pack combines a women-specific fit and great carrying comfort with the latest in easy hydration.

Women are prepared for anything, and it's a cinch with the capacious and smartly designed Osprey Women's Mira 34 Hydration Pack. With room enough for extra layers for varying weather, good food, and ample hydration, the Manta ensures that you're ready when the winds kick in and your friends start eying your nourishing spread. Good thing you're a generous soul and there's room enough to bring extras. And your essentials stay organized and accessible with plentiful pockets and designated trekking pole, helmet, and sunglass holders, while the highly ventilated and padded suspension system keeps the load light and secure.

Free Shipping. Osprey Women's Mira 34 Pack FEATURES of the Osprey Women's Mira 34 Pack Direct zip access hydration sleeve with HydraLock frame Wide panel access to main compartment Dual side compression straps Roomy zippered hipbelt pockets provide quick, secure storage Zip access sunglass pocket with protective embossed fabric Helmet attachment loop Stretch mesh front pocket for quickly stashing extra gear Integrated raincover for all-weather protection BioStretch, ventilated harness is cool and comfortable Magnetic sternum buckle for quick access to the reservoir bite valve AirSpeed suspension provides a stable, highly ventilated fit Stow-on-the-Go feature quickly secures trekking poles Full hipbelt keeps pack stable and transfers load effectively Women's specific shoulder straps, hipbelt and torso sizing Large front pocket with mesh organizer and shove-it pocket Stretch mesh side pockets Full length side access zipper SPECIFICATIONS of the Osprey Women's Mira 34 Pack 70 x 100D nylon shadow check 600D poly Reservoir Weight: 11 oz / 0.31 kg Dimension: (H x W x D): 18 x 12 x 11in. / 45 x 31 x 29 cm SPECIFICATIONS for XS/S Volume: 1953 cubic inches / 32 liter SPECIFICATIONS for S/M Volume: 2075 cubic inches / 34 liter

With 3 L of water and 34 L of cargo, the Osprey Women's Mira 34 hydration pack is a super versatile, highly-ventilated, feature-rich multisport pack. No matter what your adventure of choice may be, the Mira 34 is ready to join you.

- EMS