I love the mesh back panel, which is like the one…

I love the mesh back panel, which is like the one on my Osprey Aura 65, for keeping me cool on the long day hikes in town. This is a great pack designed for women that feels great.

• Mesh Back
  • 2 lb 5 oz
  • 3 liter reservoir

• Lack of color options
  • Can be hard to clean

The first thing that surprised me on this pack was the size I needed. I got this pack before I got my Aura and was unsure of my Osprey sizing. I got some help at my local store in getting fitted. I ended up with the XS/S.

Once all of the straps were adjusted and hooked together, this pack felt great. I'm heavy chested and the shoulder straps didn't bother me as some models do. The hips straps really allowed the weight to be held easily. The whole pack was very easy to adjust.

The water reservoir has a wide mouth and is easy to fill, but if overfilled, you can feel it. I love the mesh back on the pack. It really helped me remain cooler and not end up a sweaty mess, allowing the sweat to evaporate.

There is an easy access pocket on the front where I put my rain coat, and it has a rain cover included in the bottom pouch of the pack. I also like the magnetic attachment to hold the bite piece in place and out of the way. I do wish it came in different colors (I went with green).

So overall: Very easy to use, compresses down quite a bit for short jaunts, excellent quality material, I think the volume of the pack is correct, feels stable throughout my hikes.

I have used this pack for day hikes throughout Anchorage, Matanuska Glacier, Glenallen, Wasilla, Kenai, Homer, Soldotna. I am looking forward to taking it out of state, and would easily use it for a carry-on. This bad boy has been through hot hikes, rainy weather, and took it like a champ.

Nice review. I like how the side compression strap zigzags from the bottom of the pack to a bit higher on the other side, and then back to the middle. Seems like it does the work of two straps all by itself.

Daniel Oates

Thanks for the review, Samantha. I have a different Osprey model, but it also has the mesh back panel. I love that feature too!

Thanks for the nice review, Samantha. Welcome to Trailspace!

The perfect day pack. This is a Rolls Royce of a pack…

Price Paid: Can’t remember

The perfect day pack.

• Organization
  • Comfort
  • Sturdy

• It’s 2017: a storage option for a large smartphone is a must.

This is a Rolls Royce of a pack that rides like a Lamborghini:

In it, I put the filled 2.5 L hydration bladder which, btw, is THE absolute best hydration system I’ve ever seen in any pack, bar none, ever, my Crazy Creek chair (in the side stretch pocket) rain layers, extra layers, hat, gloves, Buffs, food for the day, hygiene kit, compass, flashlight, emergency supplies, first aid kit, lip balm, sunblock.

And it’s not like I’m carrying this pack, it’s more like the pack is riding me, much like if you were walking around with a child on your back:

The belt hugs just right, properly angled to wrap around my hips and give me full support, the harness and shoulder straps are perfectly in synch with my body, the pack feels completely weightless and perfectly stable.

The hip belt pockets: I’m not complaining, I use them for Buffs and vaping pen, that’s the perfect size ;)

For my phone, I clipped an old Osprey mini waist pack onto the straps of the hip belt and that works perfectly.

I have hiked miles with this one already, every time it performs flawlessly, the organizational features of this pack are off the charts , there’s a place for everything with room to spare.

Easily a pack to take a a long day hike, but I wouldn’t try it for an overnighter: I’m a comfort hiker and backpacker, and I carry a lot of gear.

Thanks for the review of your Osprey, Lilia. Do you have any pictures of your pack you could show others in your review?

Thanks for the pictures, Lilia!