Osprey Porter 46

Capacity 2800 cu in / 46 L
Height 22 in / 56 cm
Width 14 in / 35.5 cm
Depth 9 in / 23 cm

I love this pack. Even though this is considered a…

Design: duffel bag
Size: 2800
Number of Pockets: 2
Max. Load Carried: 40lbs
Height of Owner: 5'8"

I love this pack. Even though this is considered a daypack the foam lining and straitjacket design give it tons of support. I keep my base weight at 15lbs and this pack is plenty comfortable. I've hiked with as much as 40lbs over 30 miles with a 1000 ft. elevation gain where water was not available, and it stayed pretty damn comfortable. It can get a little sweaty in hot weather though.

I really like the duffel bag style. It makes it so easy to access anything in the pack without having to pull everything out because you need something in the bottom. Because you can cinch it down it doesn't matter if you are carrying a little or a lot and the pack adjusts beautifully holding all of your gear just the way you packed it. I know in descriptions this bag claims that for more casual day to day use you can purchase a shoulder strap and use it messenger bag style, but it's really awkward to use it that way. If you are too cool for shoulder straps I guess it's a good option.

This pack also has a large top pocket for items you might need to grab quickly and plenty of loops to attach things to the outside. The only reason I'm giving this pack 4.5 and not a full 5 stars is because there is nowhere to attach a water bottle. I get by figuring out some way to attach it, but you have to be a little clever. I know they probably wanted to keep the design really sleek and simple (which is what I love about it) but they may have gone a hair too far in not adding something to stick a water bottle to.