Osprey Rev 1.5

A very comfortable running pack with numerous features.

Summary

A very comfortable running pack with numerous features.

Pros

• Comfortable while running
  • Detachable bladder

Cons

• Digiflip media storage too small for new (larger) phones
  • Pockets on front could be a little larger

I've owned the Rev 1.5 going on two years and it's taken me on several mountain running adventures. First and foremost, it's very comfortable running. This makes or breaks running packs; this one makes it.

The 1.5 liter bladder actually holds closer to 2 liters. It's detachable so the hose can stay place and remain routed. This makes for quicker and easier filling. The baffled bladder eliminates a lot (but not all) sloshing. I love Osprey's magnetic bite valve—no flopping bite valve/hose.

There is some (not a lot) additional room in the bladder compartment. I keep an emergency blanket, beanie, and gloves in there. The top zip pocket isn't overly large, but still able to hold some additional food, headlamp, first aid kit, etc. The front of the pack has a nice shock cord setup for stowing a hardshell, windshell, etc

The pockets on the front of the shoulder straps holds food, electrolytes, sunscreen, etc. They could be a little larger imo. The digiflip media storage pocket is a good idea, but if you have a newer (larger) phone (ie iPhone 6) it's not going to fit. I've contacted Osprey about a larger pocket as it is removable and could be replaced with a larger pocket—we'll see.

I've got a lot of miles on this pack and it's holding up very nicely.

This is my go-to pack for mountain trail runs in the "summer." Shoulder season and winter I go to the larger Rev 12 to add insulating layers and emergency gear.

If you're looking for a lightweight, comfortable running pack I highly recommend this pack

hellroaringdrainage.jpg

loaded_zps45100a6d.jpg

uppercompartment_zps6ecc0516.jpg

loadout_zpse4ebe3fc.jpg

Hey BigSky, can we see some pack pictures. I've been looking for something like this for long runs. Wish I had the mountains you have!

Thanks for the review, bigskyrunner. What can you store in the front pockets? Care to share a picture?

bigskyrunner

loaded up a couple of more pics

bigskyrunner

front shock cord w/ hardshell & windshell

bigskyrunner

upper pocket w/ sunscreen, anti-chafe, bug wipes and a cuben dry sack w/ first aid, fire, tp, whistle, headlamp the emergency blanket, gloves, beanie & buff go in the compartment with the bladder in the bottom

Thanks for adding the pics. Looks great!

Thanks for the pictures, bigskyrunner.