Osprey Sojourn 28

Capacity 4800 cu in / 80 L
Height 30 in / 76 cm
Width 14 in / 35.5 cm
Depth 12 in / 30 cm

This has to be the ultimate backpack / wheelie bag.

Size: 80 Liters
Number of Pockets: 2
Height of Owner: 190 and 165 cm (adjustable)
Price Paid: EUR 200

This has to be the ultimate backpack / wheelie bag. I bought two as soon as I saw this model (one for me and one for my wife) when investigating luggage before our trip to France. We spent about 4 weeks traveling by plane, trains, buses, boat and by foot and we were never let down by this wonderful piece of equipment. Especially not when we realized one of the hotel rooms we had booked was located 7 very narrow and steep stairs up in an old building -need I say there was no elevator. Being able to convert the bags into backpacks made this obstacle very easy to overcome.

I really like the big (small) compartment on the top of the bag which has room for even a big toilet bag and some extras and is easy to access. The frontal opening which makes everything in your bag easy to find -unlike backpacks that open at the top or has a zipper that goes in the middle.

The big comfortable to hold handles on the sid and top of the bag make it easy to load and unload the bag into a vehicle. The big wheels make it easy to drag on streets, cobblestone squares or on muddy grass lawns if you have to.

I think Osprey has made a fantastic product and I can gladly recommend it to anyone.

The only thing I am missing on this bag is a strap with a "mountain climbing hook" (sorry I don't know the English name) for securing the bag when loading it in the top compartment in a train for example. But that is easy to add yourself. Perhaps an additional internal compartment could have been good, maybe at the bottom and inclusion of "laundry-sack" to separate the dirty undies from the clean clothes.

We got an add-on daypack bag as well and even though it is not so big it fits a 13" laptop -which we needed to bring with us.

Now we are looking forward to our next trip with these bags! The best bags we've had so far!

I bought my Osprey Sojourn 28 as a primary hauler…

Design: Rolling Travelpack
Size: 80L
Number of Pockets: 5
Max. Load Carried: 30 lbs.
Height of Owner: 5'-7"

I bought my Osprey Sojourn 28 as a primary hauler for a 5 month trip to South America. I'm a frequent traveler in SA, and my many trips (3 month +, research expeditions) have taught me the value of streamlined travel. Packs whose straps stow away are worth their weight in gold. Public transport here often entails bus-to-bus jaunts. Having a bag that can roll from one bus to the next, and then be tossed onto roofracks and into trucks without the worry of straps snagging really is nice.

I'm 2 months into my trip and have nothing but praise for my Sojourn. It handles wonderfully on cobbled streets and its compact design is tight and sturdy. The bag itself is great for the frugal traveler. There's just enough space to accommodate clothes and shoes, but it's small enough to keep you from creating an unwieldy load. Zippers flow like butter and they're beefy enough to withstand repeated use. There are several pockets for stowing whatnots, but not too many. All are practically usefulness. This is a great bag!

Visit Osprey's Sojourn 28 page.

Whether you're off to a nearby city on business or jetsetting to Africa for a month-long excursion, the versatile Osprey Sojourn 28 Wheeled Convertible Pack is always up for the trip. The cavernous 80-liter volume capacity is ample enough for all your 'essential' gear, and anything more is attachable to the exterior via compression straps and daisy chain. All this can be carried on your back with the stowable backpack suspension or easily rolled along over smoother terrain.

Free Shipping. Osprey Sojourn 28 Travel Pack (Fall 2008) The Sojourn 28 by Osprey with its straightjacket suspension/compression system has always been well-suited to the rigors of travel. Add the High Road Chassis to the mix and you've got the Sojourn. For those who want to reduce the hoist component of their haul time it can't be beat. When you do need to carry the Sojourn our superb zip-away suspension is on the ready. You'll also find foam sidewalls for keeping the load secure, while handy mesh pockets, clothing straps and front panel daisy chains maintain your organization. Excessory compatible. Internal organizational features include mesh and fabric organizational pockets as well as compression straps to prevent clothing migration while in transit. Multi-position, ergonomic retractable handle for the ultimate in portability and ease. High traction, extra-large polyurethane wheels with sealed bearings provide easy rolling smoothness over all types of terrain. Osprey's entire line of Daytool Series packs attach easily to Osprey's Convertible Wheeled Packs using a removable carry strap. Weight: 7 lb. 12 oz. / 3.52 kg. Volume: 4800 cu.in. / 80 liters Dimension: 28x14x14 inches / 71x35.5x35.5 cm

Featuring the innovative High Road chassis, the Osprey Sojourn 28 convertible backpack offers comfort while on the back and hassle-free transport when in tow. A peak under the hood reveals that many components within the High Road chassis work in concert to provide a comfortable fit, including a suspension frame / retractable handle assembly made of 6001 aluminum and ultra-durable lightweight injection molded ABS material. A padded lumbar and breathable mesh are then layered on top of this frame to assure comfort against the wearer's back. To then assist with transferring the load to the harness, external compression straps with foam sidewalls hug the cargo against the back so it doesn't shift, creating a solid bundle. Finally, this bundle of clothes, camping gear, and souvenirs is evenly distributed between the deluxe shoulder harness, lumbar region, and hipbelt for the usual outstanding Osprey fit. The High Road chassis is also specially designed for surfaces that are much more challenging than the smooth floors found in domestic airports. Oversized polyurethane wheels mounted to both edges of the curved base of the chassis provide SUV-like high clearance for rough terrain. The inside of the Osprey Sojourn 28 travel backpack features various sleeves and pockets to keep items organized and internal compression straps to hold clothing in place. For added versatility and increased volume, the Osprey Sojourn 28 is Osprey Excessory and Daytool compatible. We recommend the Osprey Daylite, a 750 cu. in. accessory daypack that mounts onto four D-rings sewn onto the front of the Sojourn 28. For a smaller version of the Sojourn 28 that meets carry-on size restrictions, be sure to check out the Osprey Sojourn 22 convertible backpack.

- Altrec Outdoors