Osprey Stratos 32

Superbly comfortable, with good features, as others…

Superbly comfortable, with good features, as others have mentioned. Unfortunately, it's poorly made.

The "water resistant" zipper never worked right from the day I bought it; the paper-thin rubberized seal kept bunching up and snagging the slider on the zipper. Eventually it just became a ragged-looking mess that did nothing to help keep water out.

Much more seriously, after a dozen or so outings, something happened to the internal frame setup such that the spreader disk that separates the two stays started digging into my back through the mesh panel.

Returned to store today. Very disappointing.

I love this backpack! I have had it for three years…

Number of Pockets: 2
Max. Load Carried: 30 lbs
Height of Owner: 5'11"
Price Paid: Don't Remember

I love this backpack! I have had it for three years now. I'm a light camper so I have taken this pack on many 4 and 5 day trips. This pack has survived Afghanistan, twice... Many flights, and many many hiking trips.

There are plenty of ways to attach straps for carrying gear on the outside (i.e. sleeping bag, sleeping pad, tent). The pack is comfortable to wear and you don't feel the weight on your back!

I would definitely recommend this pack to anyone looking for a day pack or lightweight camping pack.

I have had this bag for 2 years now and would absolutely…

Size: 2000
Max. Load Carried: 45lbs
Height of Owner: 71in

I have had this bag for 2 years now and would absolutely recommend it to anyone who is looking to buy. My wife and I are high pointers (Highest Mt in every state) and we don't leave home without it. We both are in love with it. The pouches on the hip straps are perfect for camera, cell, money all those little things you are always stopping to pull out of your bag because you don't want to carry it in your hand.

Been researching different daypacks for longer dayhikes…

Design: top and panel loading internal daypack
Size: M
Max. Load Carried: 25lbs
Height of Owner: 5'5"
Price Paid: $180 CAD

Been researching different daypacks for longer dayhikes and couldn't take my eyes off this so bought it. Took it to Colorado last week in a heatwave, climbed 3 fourteeners using it; I also had my boyfriend's extra gear stashed in it too plus my usual "just in case" odds and ends; the pack was loaded and felt heavy-ish to lift but once on my back the weight almost disappeared - the distribution exceeded my expectations.

The side mesh pockets fit my larger nalgene bottles; the zippered front panel pockets were handy for storing gear I was likely to need quickly without searching for it; I really liked the easy access pockets on the hipbelt - great for storing tissues, cameras, snack foods etc without having to take the pack off.

The pack seems quite durable and boy am I glad I just went with the impulse and splurged on this pack - well worth it and I'm looking forward to some more dayhikes using it.

Osprey Stratos 32

The Stratos 32 has been discontinued.

The Osprey Stratos 32 is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen August 20, 2011 at Rocky Mountain Trail.

If you're looking for a new daypack (under 2,000 cu in), check out the best reviewed current models.