small medium large
Weight 1 lb 15 oz / .88 kg 2 lb 2 oz / 1.96 kg 2 lb 5 oz / 1.05 kg
Capacity 1560 cu in / 26 L 1680 cu in / 28 L 1800 cu in / 30 L

I bought this backpack special order from R.E.I. I…

Size: 28
Max. Load Carried: 20lbs
Height of Owner: 6'2''

I bought this backpack special order from R.E.I. I don't know how but I got away with only paying 89.99 dollars.

This backpack does everything I need for my day hikes/ climbs. There is enough headroom to climb steep hill. I had a problem with my old pack and not being able to look up. Lots of room and very comfortable.

Pro: Lots of tool accessories. ski/snowshoe/rescue hooks/climb. Lots of good space.

Cons: Only comes in red and new item so my review is the only one. Check out R.E.I. or Mountain Gear.

Osprey Variant 28

The Variant 28 has been discontinued. It last appeared in Osprey's Fall 2010 product line.

The Osprey Variant 28 is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen January 15, 2013 at Mountain Gear.

"Lazy. And Damn Good Looking"—Meet Andy, Backpacker, Geographer, Reviewer of the Month

Black Diamond Women's First Light Hoody Review