As a member of another website I get to try products…

Source: tested or reviewed it for the manufacturer (I received a sample of this product from the brand or its representatives in exchange for a review.)

Summary

As a member of another website I get to try products in exchange for reviews, and I recently tested portable oxygen from Boost Oxygen. As a sea level dweller, there is always an added layer of difficulty in taking on high altitude hikes, but my canister of Boost Oxygen helped me combat the majority of symptoms I usually fall ill with when in high elevations.

Pros

• Great way to combat altitude sickness

Cons

• Another thing to carry when backpacking

As someone who frequently falls ill with altitude sickness, I did not think (enjoyable) High Sierra hiking would be in the cards for me. However, I used my canister of Boost Oxygen intermittently throughout a multi-day trek across Yosemite at times when I was feeling unnecessarily fatigued, lightheaded, or short of breath and found relief every time. Without having to worry about about the approach of impending altitude sickness, my hikes were that much more enjoyable.

In my everyday life, I like to stay active so I can handle tough hikes, but fellow flat landers will understand that there’s not a whole lot you can do to prepare for strenuous activity in altitudes you’re not used to existing in.

Luckily, Boost helped me deal with those difficulties that are often impossible to prepare for. The 4 oz canister is incredibly compact, lightweight, and great for backpacking.

Disclosure: The reviewer received a sample of this product from the brand or its representatives in exchange for a review.

edit delete spam

Hi Anna, Can you please provide some more details about your experience with altitude sickness and with Boost. What has been your experience in the past and at what elevations? How high were you in Yosemite? When and how much did you use? Thanks.