Browning McKinley -30

If you tend to feel cold camping, then this is the…

Price Paid: $179 Canadian plus 10% tax

Summary

If you tend to feel cold camping, then this is the bag for you. Very roomy inside and not the least confining. You get a good night's rest.

Pros

• Very warm and roomy, not confining
  • Good deal for the money

Cons

• Not meant for hiking, rather heavy and too large

Always had a hard time when it came to sleeping bags. In the mornings I would always ache all over from being too cold. I own a North Face mummy bag rated at zero degrees. I bought it cuz it packed up nice and was a very warm bag.

I'm 6ft and about 240 lbs so I never found mummy that suited me, felt too tight and confining. I saw this Browning McKinley bag in the store and it looked like it'd be a good choice for me. I bought the extra long 36 x 90 which had lots of room for me plus it's rated for -30°F.

After a 4-day long weekend, I fell in luv with it. Best purchase I made. It's a bit too warm for the summer months but with the bag open, it shouldn't be a problem.

Only issue I have is that it's meant for car camping since it's too big carry on a hike.

If you tend to feel cold camping, this is the bag for you. I highly recommend it.

If you've owned or used a Browning McKinley -30, please share your experience.

Browning McKinley -30

No price on record.

The Browning McKinley -30 is not available from the stores we monitor.

If you're looking for a new cold weather synthetic sleeping bag, check out the best reviewed current models.