Browning McKinley -30

If you tend to feel cold camping, then this is the…

Price Paid: $179 Canadian plus 10% tax

Summary

If you tend to feel cold camping, then this is the bag for you. Very roomy inside and not the least confining. You get a good night's rest.

Pros

• Very warm and roomy, not confining
  • Good deal for the money

Cons

• Not meant for hiking, rather heavy and too large

Always had a hard time when it came to sleeping bags. In the mornings I would always ache all over from being too cold. I own a North Face mummy bag rated at zero degrees. I bought it cuz it packed up nice and was a very warm bag.

I'm 6ft and about 240 lbs so I never found mummy that suited me, felt too tight and confining. I saw this Browning McKinley bag in the store and it looked like it'd be a good choice for me. I bought the extra long 36 x 90 which had lots of room for me plus it's rated for -30°F.

After a 4-day long weekend, I fell in luv with it. Best purchase I made. It's a bit too warm for the summer months but with the bag open, it shouldn't be a problem.

Only issue I have is that it's meant for car camping since it's too big carry on a hike.

If you tend to feel cold camping, this is the bag for you. I highly recommend it.

The McKinley is a "heavy duty" oversized hooded rectangle bag. It uses a 2-layer offset construction to eliminate cold spots. The McKinley series use Techloft Insulation. Techloft Insulation consists of multi-hole staple-length micro-denier fibers that have a siliconized finish for maximum insulation, loft, and compactness. It will keep you toasty on those colder nights when you'd prefer to have more "wiggle room" than you get with your mummy bag. The contoured hood also helps keep you warmer and keeps your warmth sealed in. For transporting, we include a compression stuff sack and roll-up straps. This is a great hunting bag for those frigid nights when you want a good night sleep.

Visit 's Browning McKinley -30 page.

Browning McKinley -30

No price on record.

The Browning McKinley -30 is not available from the stores we monitor.

If you're looking for a new cold weather synthetic sleeping bag, check out the best reviewed current models.