Libby's Seasoned Beef Crumbles

While technically qualifying as food, Libby's Seasoned…

Source: received it as a personal gift

Summary

While technically qualifying as food, Libby's Seasoned Beef Crumbles is a pre-cooked meat product more closely associated with canned catfood. The odor is "unique." The flavor is abhorrent.

Pros

• Pre-cooked
  • Nice packaging

Cons

• Actually swallowing it takes a force of will

So...apparently I have a fan of my gear reviews. So much so that Carrie bought me a 16oz package of Libby's Seasoned Beef Crumbles and asked me to post a review of it. [For those who don't know, Carrie works closely with disaster services teams in our region (think "Red Cross" without the financial mismanagement), and is the Emergency Preparedness Queen. Each of her 4 kids have their own bug out kit. She teaches survival classes to our homeschool coop group. Nearly every homeschooler in our county knows how to build a fire thanks to Carrie.]

1167431_10152003689461129_1643888401_o.j

Here is my edited, but uncensored video of that experience:

What we were unable to record was our hiking partner, MuhKeeTah's reaction to this product. When we handed the bag to him, he took a whiff and shouted, "Ugh! It smells like dog food!"

For the love of all things good, DO NOT TAKE THIS PRODUCT WITH YOU INTO THE BACKCOUNTRY or you may starve to death.

pillowthread

Brilliant. Thanks for the warning! Wish I could've been there...

So do I....you could have done the taste test for me. ;)

I'm feeling a little sick. Are you sure Carrie is your friend?

FromSagetoSnow

Sounds like excellent crab bait. I usually use cat food but you may have stumbled upon something that smells worse

@Alicia, I'm pretty sure she is, but she hasn't responded yet. So maybe her evil plan failed. :P

Carrie Van Alstine

Ok, I've finally stopped laughing enough to finish the video. (Actually, we had internet problems.) I'm sorry, Goose. I had anticipated a more useful product... Sorry. Wow, really sorry. SO, SO sorry.

:D Thanks, Carrie. Looking forward to the next guinea pig testing you have for me! Don't feed your kids this stuff!

Libby's Seasoned Beef Crumbles

No price on record.

The Libby's Seasoned Beef Crumbles is not available from the stores we monitor.

If you're looking for a new meat entrée, check out the best reviewed current models.