Mountain Climbing Gear Climbing Holds

These holds are just the right texture, size, and…

Summary

These holds are just the right texture, size, and shape for me.

Pros

• Price
  • Made from recycled materials
  • Natural looking
  • Just the right texture and shape
  • Easy to install
  • Strong

Cons

• A little smelly at first
  • Packed loose

These holds are for my training woody which I built in my basement a few weeks ago.

I received ten screw on hand holds and ten foot jibs in the mail and sort of expected to find some broken because they were loose in the box but I was pleasantly surprised to find them all intact.  I received ten small foot jibs and ten uniquely shaped holds for my basement woody with my order.

The solvent smell that came from the box when I opened them quickly dissipated and has completely disappeared since installing these on my practice wall.

This is a smaller company but seems to be making a good product.  They are available in fancy colors and sizes, but mine are pretty much natural color and unique, as far as I can tell.

None broke during installation and all have held up well from my 200+ pound self yarding on them in an overhanging position (no dynos yet) so I have nothing to complain about.

I think the price was fair and the shipping reasonable so if you are in the market and don't mind surprise shapes give these a try.

20130202_185945.jpg

If you've owned or used a Mountain Climbing Gear Climbing Holds, please share your experience.

Mountain Climbing Gear Climbing Holds

The Mountain Climbing Gear Climbing Holds is not available from the stores we monitor.

If you're looking for a new climbing product, check out the best reviewed current models.