Mr. Heater Buddy Heater
Source: bought it new
Price Paid: $85
The Mr Heater Buddy is one of those gadgets you don't really need, but you will be glad you bought it if you camp in cold weather. It just may save your relationship... or at least prevent a late night hotel check in. And most important it has fantastic safety features!
- Warm your cold camping bones!
- Easy to use
- A little pricey
- Fuel container not recyclable
Recently, we had a fall camping trip planned to do some hiking and mountain biking and the forecast was calling for below freezing temps. Jules was ready to back out until I laid our relationship on the line by promising to keep her warm. Of course, our love alone would provide plenty of warmth, but I had a trick up my sleeve too. My old Mr. Heater sunflower heater from the ice fishing days. A perfect plan, what could go wrong right?
Well, there was the fact that I had gotten rid of the old heater. That was a bit of a problem. But every problem does have a solution… I’d just buy a new one! When I shared my back-up plan with Jules she liked the heat part of it but thought safety might be a problem. Hmmm, does every problem really have a solution?
Bottom Line: 5 out of 5 flames. A safe and very portable indoor/outdoor heater. Easy to start. Uses the same 1 lb. fuel cylinder as most other camp gear. The Mr. Heater Buddy is a great addition to your “glamping” gear.
A more in-depth review can be found on my blog TrailPotato if you want more info, but suffice it to say that it is awesome!
- 4,000-9,000 BTUs (heats up to 200 sq ft)
- Safety Shut Off
- Dimensions: 9 x 14.2 x 14.4 inches
- Uses 1 lb. cylinder (same as my camp stove etc.)
Where to Buy
The Mr. Heater Buddy Heater is not available from the stores we monitor.
You may be able to find it new or used at one of these sites:
Retailers: Do you sell this product? List your site here.
- Note: Different models required for California and Canada due to local regulations.
- *New* Fold-Down Handle for compact storage
- *New* Swivel Out Regulator for easy fuel connection
- Designed and approved for emergency indoor & outdoor use
- Automatic low oxygen shutoff system
- Accidental tip-over safety shutoff
- Lightweight, easy to carry
- Heats up to 200 sq. ft.
- Connects directly to a 20 lb. cylinder with optional hose
- CSA certified