Perfect Fitness Cooling Towel

Weight 0.26 lb

I, too, ended up with a nasty poison-like rash on…

Summary

I, too, ended up with a nasty poison-like rash on my neck, face, forehead, and arms — every single place that I had used the towel. I ended up going to an Urgent Care facility and they gave me a regimen of prednisone.

This is a horrible product. My husband used my towel just a couple times that same day on his arms and got a small rash that went away with Benadryl.

Pros

• It provides cooling

Cons

• RASH!!! It may be a couple of days later, but you will most likely get one!

I WIIL NOT BE BUYING THIS PRODUCT AGAIN AND HAVE ALREADY DISCARDED THE ONE I HAVE.  TOTALLY NOT WORTH THE MONEY!

DrPhun

Did you wash it before using? (I sometimes get rashes from textiles if I don't wash them first. Perhaps some sort of sensitivity to the dyes? Many have "wash before use" on the labels as a warning.)

Sounds like no one has had a good experience with this towel. Thanks for sharing your unfortunate experience, Doris.

Left a horrible rash on my daughter's neck, itchy…

Summary

Left a horrible rash on my daughter's neck, itchy hives/blisters. Looks like a chemical burn. Beware.

My daughter hade a terrible reaction, painful rash, itchy red hives. The product should have a warning on the label.

Thanks for the warning, Hillary. Reading the previous review & comment, it sounds like this is a bad product. Hope your daughter is okay.

1 year ago

It is an exercise cooling towel made of a hyper-evaporative…

Summary

It is an exercise cooling towel made of a hyper-evaporative material. You are suppose to wet it, wring it, and then wrap it around your neck.

Pros

• It really does absorb and evaporate fluids

Cons

• It may absorb the fluid and oils of your skin and leave you with a nasty rash

I bought one of these to help keep me cool while hiking and to wipe down my gear before packing it up. I did exactly as it suggests... I soaked it with my water bottle it, wrung it out, and wrapped over my neck.

It tells you that when it does not feel cool anymore to soak it again. What it does not tell you is that it may causing swelling and a red rash with blisters on your skin! I had it on my neck for about 20 minutes. Three days later, I still have a painful red rash that is exactly the size and shape of the towel as it laid draped over my neck. This is not a fun side effect to discover while camping in the backcountry.

I wish that the package had mentioned this risk and had suggested trying it on a small part of your body first (not on my entire neck). I never would have bought this if I knew this might have happened. I would have gone with a simple cotton towel or bandana.

Ben Bushong

I've got the same rash a couple of days after using the towel around my neck. Itchy red rash all the way around where the towel contacted my skin. I've used other towels like this (regular, small towels), and never had this problem.