Starter Aqua Shell

starter aqua shell waterproof jacket blue: I have…

Price Paid: $15 At Wal mart during off season clearance rack

starter aqua shell waterproof jacket blue:

I have used this jacket at work as a second layer under my Coleman parka with two t-shirts under the jacket. I work outside for 4 to 8 hours in heat, cold and rain. With that combination I have been in 40° weather and I was sweating.

I do believe this jacket will keep you dry for awhile, but I believe saturation will happen at some point after 2 to 4 hours or more steady rainfall. This has not happened to me, but I did notice a few times I wore it the wrist did get a little wet. Understand any material other than pvc will most likely saturate through at some point it's just how long.

For the price I got this jacket at in the off-season for under $15 at wal mart it was a great buy. Definitely windproof and I would label it water resistant. I do like the aqua shell type jackets like this, they work well for my lifestyle and as a secondary layer work jacket. In case freezing rain does get inside there is a second waterproof/resistant layer.

I do wish this type of jacket offered a snug type hood with good field of vision with same aqua shell type material.

Starter Aqua Shell

The Starter Aqua Shell is not available from the stores we monitor.

If you're looking for a new waterproof jacket, check out the best reviewed current models.

Granite Gear Air Zippditty Review