Outdoor Research Advanced Double Bivy

I have found this bivy to be awsome. It may be expensive…

Design: Bivy Sack
Sleeps: 1-2
Ease of Setup: Fairly Easy
Weight: 2lbs 15 ounces

I have found this bivy to be awsome. It may be expensive but it is well worth the price if you're a minimalist like me. I have used this a few times in the summer backpacking and can't wait for winter. In order to sleep two people in this you should really like the other person or you should be in desperate need.

Since it's a two person bivy, the condensation is minimal, especially if you leave the opening open. The pad straps are a nice idea because they keep you in your place. The other nice thing about one person using this two person bivy is that you can store your gear in there too!. There are loops to stake the bivy in case of high winds but one of them ripped out the first time I used the sack.

OR makes excellent products--their gloves and gaitors are great and now that I have used one of their bivys I must still say that they are make some of the best products around.