Outdoor Research Alti Gloves

These gloves are very warm! A little to warm for the…

Summary

These gloves are very warm! A little to warm for the 14ers and lower 48 mountains. I took them to Pico De Orizaba and they worked perfectly on the glacier and in the morning up there. The dexterity was great considering they are comfort rated from -5 to -20. They are a great glove and I can't wait to use them on Acon!

Pros

• removable liner
  • waterproof
  • lightweight
  • warm warm warm
  • good price
  • the wrist cinches

Cons

• I don't know

I bought the medium and they worked well. I am 6'1" and so I tried the large, but they were too big. They are warm and a perfect pair if you want separate the liner from the shell on warmer days, or use the pair on cold days.

I have read many negative reviews about these gloves,…

Price Paid: 120.00 C

I have read many negative reviews about these gloves, and a few positive ones, but I recently purchased a pair on sale.

My hands are a problem to keep warm in the winter due to the fact that in order to maintain dexterity you can't have a lot of insulation over them, and in order to keep them warm you must. So, therein lies the problem.

I live in the Arctic and spend a lot of time working outside in temperatures below -40 C, so I am particular about the clothing I wear. What I discovered about the Alti Glove is that they work just fine. In comparison with the Black Diamond Guide Glove, which I also own, I would have to say that they are on par, if not better.

My only complaint is that the Alti Glove does not have Pittards leather palm, but have chosen for some reason to go with AlpinGrip which seems to be less robust. But, if it is any indication as to how well these can insulate, I slept outside at -42 C with just my clothes and Alti Gloves and they kept my hands warm. I should caution that I was dressed very well, was well fed and hydrated.

If anyone reading this article decides to purchase these, please remember that gloves are inherently "less warm" than mitts for obvious reasons and gloves, more so than mitts, should fit well. For extreme cold and when I don't need my fingers separated I go with OR Alti Mitts with thin liner gloves inside.

Visit Outdoor Research's Alti Gloves page.

Warm enough for the most severe cold, this glove takes the abuse of rope work and allows dexterity needed to reliably handle tools and hardware on climbs. Waterproof/breathable GORE-TEX(R) insert Removable glove liner Durable AlpenGrip(R) palm Hybrid leather fourchette construction for increased durability and dexterity Nylon ripstop liner Heat pack pockets on back of liner hand Supercinch gauntlet closer Ladder-lock wrist cinch 11.2 oz (316 g) - Large per pair w/ liner

- OMCgear

Outdoor Research Alti GlovesThe Outdoor Research Alti Gloves are ideal for your outdoor adventures. These gloves feature Gore-Tex inserts that are waterproof and breathable, with integrated, removable liners for comfort and versatility. The PrimaLoft One insulation keeps your hands warm even in frigid temperatures. A soft-shell stretch fabric on the back of the hand gives you stretchable gloves that are suitable for everyday outdoor use. There are internal pockets on the back to let you hold warmer packets. The smooth tricot shell lining helps remove moisture and gives your hands a comfortable feeling. The gloves have gauntlet closures, which are easily adjustable and help you seal out the cold air. The Outdoor Research Alti Gloves serve you well while you explore the outdoors.

- SunnySports

Built with a waterproof breathable Gore-Tex membrane and a heaping dost of PrimaLoft One insulation, The Outdoor Research Alti Glove is designed to stand up to brutal alpine elements. Designed with PrimaLoft on the back of the hand and a shell that features articulated fingers, this ski-mountaineering glove provides excellent warmth without sacrificing dexterity unnecessarily.

Free Shipping. Outdoor Research Alti Glove FEATURES of the Outdoor Research Alti Glove Durable Waterproof Breathable Lightweight Wicking Removable Liner Moonlite Pile Fleece Liner Palms Pre-Curved Construction Hybrid Leather Fourchette Construction SuperCinch Gauntlet Closure Ladder-Lock Wrist Cinch ToughTek LT Tabs Prevent Slipping Heat Pack Pocket on Back of Liner Pull Loop Carabiner Loop SPECIFICATIONS of the Outdoor Research Alti Glove Weight: per pair: (L): 12.6 oz / 358 g Gore-Tex insert, 2L 100% nylon shell AlpenGrip palm 100% nylon ripstop liner PrimaLoft 100% polyester insulation, PrimaLoft One insulation: 100g in shell, 170g in liner This product can only be shipped within the United States. Please don't hate us.