Outdoor Research Echo Duo Tee

I received my first OR Echo Duo Tee early last Spring…

I received my first OR Echo Duo Tee early last Spring 2011. OR has done a great job with making a Tee shirt designed for running, hiking, and any other multi-sport activities!

I’ve used this shirt as a base layer as well as a single layer for extremely hot conditions.

When first putting on this shirt and this material, you’ll notice that it barely feels like you have anything on. I was amazed at how lightweight and smooth OR made the material. I’ve had many different wicking types of clothing and most have a sticky feeling right away. OR’s Echo Duo Tee feels dry right away and stays that way throughout the day.

My main use for the Echo Duo shirts are trail running here in Northwest Montana. The material stays very dry! Most wicking shirts that I use tend to stick to the skin first until they dry. Not OR’s Echo Duo Tee, it stays dry! I even took this shirt with me on a visit to South Carolina in August. (Very humid) Even in the humid climate and high temperature, the material wicked moisture and was dry throughout most of my run.

The very light and smooth material made me a little nervous as to getting snags or fabric pulls from brushing up against tree branches or brush while out trail running. I was also concerned about the material holding up under pack straps and typical multi-day hikes.

To my surprise, the Echo Duo holds up very well! My shirts look the way they did when I received them brand new.  Even bush-wacking through Alders on cross country runs didn’t create any snags in the delicate feeling fabric.

One last thing to mention is the odor control for these shirts. OR does a great job with this as well. My experience with poly/synthetic clothing is the stench they create after just a few hours of wearing, not counting multi-day trips into the backcountry.

Even after much wearing and sweating, the body odor factor is not an issue. After multiple washes and wearing, the Echo Duo has a fabric that can be worn multiple days if need be without the stench. This is a huge plus for poly/synthetic fabrics!

From sweat-drenched gym sessions to evening trail runs, pull on the Outdoor Research Men's Echo Duo Short-Sleeve Shirt. The lightweight AirVent fabric wicks away moisture and dries quickly while the flatlock seam construction ensures you'll stay chafe-free from dawn to dusk.

- Backcountry.com refers to the men's version

On Sale. Outdoor Research Men's Echo Duo SS Tee FEATURES of the Outdoor Research Men's Echo Duo Short Sleeve Tee Lightweight Quick Drying Wicking UPF 15 Polygiene Active Odor Control Flat-Seam Construction Raglan Sleeves Back-of-Neck Reflective Wordmark and Logo SPECIFICATIONS of the Outdoor Research Men's Echo Duo Short Sleeve Tee Weight: (L): 3.1 oz / 89 g Trim Fit Center Back Length: 28in. / 71 cm AirVent: 100% polyester This product can only be shipped within the United States. Please don't hate us.

- Moosejaw refers to the men's version

A tee for high-exertion runs, the AirVent fabric of the Echo Duo Tee breathes, wicks moisture, and dries quickly as you cruise along the trail.

- EMS refers to the men's version

Pace your run through sunny basins and shaded forests in this light, trail-oriented tee. Polyester AirVent fabric manages moisture and provides UPF 15 sun protection. Flat-seam construction reduces chafing, and Polygiene odor control keeps you fresh whether it?s your second or tenth day out.

- RockCreek refers to the men's version

The Echo Duo Tee from Outdoor Research is lightweight and dries quickly, making it an excellent tee for all of your trail running needs. The AirVent polyester fabric wicks moisture away to keep you nice and dry, while the Polygiene treatment helps the Echo Duo fight odors. PRODUCT FEATURES: Lightweight Quick Drying Wicking UPF 15 Polygiene Active Odor Control Flat-Seam Construction Raglan Sleeves Back-of-Neck Reflective Wordmark Fabric: AirVent : 100% polyester

- Appalachian Outdoors refers to the men's version