Outdoor Research Ferrosi Jacket - Women's

The perfect addition to any outdoor excursion! I wear…

Source: bought via a "pro deal"

Summary

The perfect addition to any outdoor excursion!

Pros

• Fit
  • Breathability
  • Material flexes with you as you move

Cons

• Tends to pill around pack straps, etc.

I wear the OR Ferrosi soft shell in every season! It's the perfect outer layer in the summer when I need something breathable, soft on my skin when worn over a t-shirt, and warm enough to allow me to rest and soak in the view atop a chilly summit. In cooler temperatures, it's a welcome addition to any layering system. I often wear it beneath the OR Aria Vest and on especially cold days, pile on a hard shell over both.

I love the Ferrosi material— it's flexible, allowing you to move without restriction, yet doesn't lose its shape. I have a small torso and find that other soft shell layers can feel too boxy or need to be cinched tight, creating bunching, which can be uncomfortable under a pack or outer layers. The Ferrosi has a slim fit without ever feeling restrictive, even when worn over a few base layers.

I have noticed that the material tends to pill on high abrasion areas, like when worn beneath the waist belt of a pack. This seems purely aesthetic as I haven't noticed any breakdown in the material and I've owned mine for over a year now.

Here are some photos from a recent snowshoe trip worn beneath the OR Aria vest. This is a layering pair I highly recommend.
snowshoe5.jpg
snowshoe3.jpg

Kelly, welcome to TS. You've posted some nice reviews. Keep 'em coming!

rated 5.00 of 5 stars All Ferrosi Jacket versions

In addition to the 1 women's review above, there is 1 review for another version of the Ferrosi Jacket. Read all reviews »