Outdoor Research Ferrosi Pants

My go-to for my first spring hike this season! Wooohooo,…

Summary

My go-to for my first spring hike this season!

Pros

• Flexible
  • Breathable
  • Pull cord in cuffs for cinching
  • Dry easily

Wooohooo, it's finally hiking season again! I've owned my OR Ferrosi Pants for a year now, and they have made me a very happy hiker! I can't say enough about OR's Ferrosi material. It's lightweight, breathable, and stretches to allow easy movement on steep hiking terrain.

The Ferrosi Pants are a great option for spring hiking as they can be adjusted easily as the temperatures change. I appreciate having the full length of the pant on chilly mornings. As I heat up and the weather warms during the climb to the summit, the pant can be converted into capri length. There is a pull cord in the cuff, which can be cinched to fit snuggly against your leg. I've hiked for miles with the pants adjusted to capri length and have had no issues with the cuff slipping, or with chafing from the pull cord. Here is a photo- please excuse my blinding white legs!

A constant to New England hiking, especially in the spring, is water — rain, rivers, muddy trails, etc. The Ferrosi material dries quickly, and does not seem to chafe the skin even when it is wet. The pockets are great as well. There are two standard pant pockets in the front and back, and the two back pockets have zipper closures. There is also a front zipper pocket midway down the thigh. If I'm going to be taking pictures as I hike, I often stick my phone in this pocket- it's the perfect size.

All and all, I'm really happy with the Ferrosi Pants. As a bonus, they fit really well, are incredibly comfortable, and look great! I've been known to wear them even when I'm not planning an outdoor adventure!

Nice review. Enjoy the spring weather!

OutdoorKelly

Thanks, GOOSE!

rated 5.00 of 5 stars All Ferrosi Pants versions

In addition to the 1 women's review above, there is 1 review for another version of the Ferrosi Pants. Read all reviews »