Outdoor Research Ferrosi Pants

My go-to for my first spring hike this season! Wooohooo,…

Summary

My go-to for my first spring hike this season!

Pros

• Flexible
  • Breathable
  • Pull cord in cuffs for cinching
  • Dry easily

Wooohooo, it's finally hiking season again! I've owned my OR Ferrosi Pants for a year now, and they have made me a very happy hiker! I can't say enough about OR's Ferrosi material. It's lightweight, breathable, and stretches to allow easy movement on steep hiking terrain.

The Ferrosi Pants are a great option for spring hiking as they can be adjusted easily as the temperatures change. I appreciate having the full length of the pant on chilly mornings. As I heat up and the weather warms during the climb to the summit, the pant can be converted into capri length. There is a pull cord in the cuff, which can be cinched to fit snuggly against your leg. I've hiked for miles with the pants adjusted to capri length and have had no issues with the cuff slipping, or with chafing from the pull cord. Here is a photo- please excuse my blinding white legs!

A constant to New England hiking, especially in the spring, is water — rain, rivers, muddy trails, etc. The Ferrosi material dries quickly, and does not seem to chafe the skin even when it is wet. The pockets are great as well. There are two standard pant pockets in the front and back, and the two back pockets have zipper closures. There is also a front zipper pocket midway down the thigh. If I'm going to be taking pictures as I hike, I often stick my phone in this pocket- it's the perfect size.

All and all, I'm really happy with the Ferrosi Pants. As a bonus, they fit really well, are incredibly comfortable, and look great! I've been known to wear them even when I'm not planning an outdoor adventure!

Nice review. Enjoy the spring weather!

OutdoorKelly

Thanks, GOOSE!

rated 5.00 of 5 stars All Ferrosi Pants versions

In addition to the 1 women's review above, there is 1 review for another version of the Ferrosi Pants. Read all reviews »

The Outdoor Research Ferrosi Pants are the ideal rock climbing soft shell pants. These pants are never too hot but always block shiver-inducing wind and light rain on an exposed belay high off the deck. Lightweight, rugged, wind resistant and highly breathable, with stretch and full coverage for smooth movement when scrambling and climbing, these pants provide protection for rough and rugged alpine and rock environments.

- CampSaver.com

Outdoor Research made its Women's Ferrosi Softshell Pant with lightweight, durable, and highly breathable fabric for extra comfort during your hiking and rock-climbing adventures. It's low-profile waist fits smoothly under a harness, and its tricot waistband reduces chafing as you climb. The articulated knees bend and flex easier when you're scrambling on the approach or stretching for a difficult toe hold.

On Sale. Free Shipping. Outdoor Research Women's Ferrosi Pants FEATURES of the Outdoor Research Women's Ferrosi Pants Water Resistant Wind Resistant Breathable Durable Belt Loops Dual-Snap Zipper Fly Herringbone Webbing Waist Tie Low-Profile Waist Fits Under Harness Brushed-Tricot-Lined Waistband Front Slash Pockets Zippered Rear Pockets Zippered Thigh Pocket Articulated Knees Drawcord Ankle Adjustments SPECIFICATIONS of the Outdoor Research Women's Ferrosi Pants Weight: 10.3 oz / 293 g Standard Fit Inseam: 31in. / 79 cm, long: 33in. / 84 cm 86% nylon, 14% spandex, stretch woven This product can only be shipped within the United States. Please don't hate us.

Desert sandstone or Cascade granite, the soft shell Ferrosi Pants from Outdoor Research are ideal for rock climbing and hiking. They provide durability against abrasive rock, weather resistance, high breathability, and ample stretch for free-flowing movement.This product will be shipped directly from Outdoor Research and will leave their warehouse in 2-3 business days. Eligible for UPS ground shipping only.

- EMS

Lightweight, rugged and wind-resistant, the highly breathable soft shell fabric of the women's Outdoor Research Ferrosi Pants offers ample stretch for smooth movement and tough abrasion-resistance against rough rock. Ideal for scrambling and climbing, they provide burly protection for dancing up tight chimneys or perfect splitter sandstone.

- RockCreek