Outdoor Research Ferrosi Shorts

By far the most comfortable hiking shorts I have ever…

Source: bought via a "pro deal"

Summary

By far the most comfortable hiking shorts I have ever worn.

Pros

• 4-way stretch material
  • Perfect length
  • Fast drying
  • Multi sport capable

Cons

• Fabric can pill in high friction areas

I live and hike in the White Mountains of New Hampshire and have worn these on every trip this summer. The 4-way stretch material allows for full range of motion and is also very comfortable against my skin. It also drys quickly after a rain storm and does not feel clammy on humid days. The shorts go to the tops of the knee which I find to be the perfect length.

When deciding what to wear during a triathlon that consisted of biking (both on road and single track) followed by swimming, and finishing with a hike up Cannon Mountain I chose these shorts. They did not chaff during the bike ride, performed perfectly as a swim suit, and dried quickly and kept me cool during the hike.

My wife has the women's version and she feels the same way about her pair. These really are the perfect shorts.

The only con is that the fabric may pill in high use areas. This does not impact the quality at all and did not lead me to reduce the rating.

rated 5.00 of 5 stars All Ferrosi Shorts versions

In addition to the 1 men's review above, there is 1 review for another version of the Ferrosi Shorts. Read all reviews »