Outdoor Research Ferrosi Shorts

The most comfortable, versatile hiking shorts I own!

Summary

The most comfortable, versatile hiking shorts I own!

Pros

• Comfort
  • Fit
  • Breathability
  • Flexibility

Cons

• Length

I love these shorts! They are comfortable, lightweight, breathable, and look great on the trail! I've even had hikers stop me as we pass one another to ask where to get a pair for themselves.

OR uses a combination of spandex and ripstop material in the construction of these soft shell shorts. As a result, they are durable, lightweight, and flexible. The material wicks moisture away. Wearing my Ferrosis, I've often dipped into trailside swimming holes on hot summer days, and after I've rejoined the path to continue on my hike, the material has dried quickly with no chaffing.

The use of spandex in the design ensures that my range of movement is unrestricted, which is especially helpful on steep terrain. Other hiking shorts I've worn seem to be either durable or flexible, but OR has mastered both with the Ferrosi. The shorts also keep their shape well and stay in place throughout your adventure.

When selecting a size, I'd suggest going with something on the lower end of what you normally wear. Due to the flexibility of the material, the shorts are form-fitting without feeling restrictive.

I like the length of these, but they are a bit longer than the shorts I usually wear. I would love to see OR come out with a shorter length option. I would certainly be a customer!

rated 5.00 of 5 stars All Ferrosi Shorts versions

In addition to the 1 women's review above, there is 1 review for another version of the Ferrosi Shorts. Read all reviews »

If you've owned or used an Outdoor Research Women's Ferrosi Shorts, please share your experience.