Outdoor Research Ferrosi Shorts

The most comfortable, versatile hiking shorts I own!

Summary

The most comfortable, versatile hiking shorts I own!

Pros

• Comfort
  • Fit
  • Breathability
  • Flexibility

Cons

• Length

I love these shorts! They are comfortable, lightweight, breathable, and look great on the trail! I've even had hikers stop me as we pass one another to ask where to get a pair for themselves.

OR uses a combination of spandex and ripstop material in the construction of these soft shell shorts. As a result, they are durable, lightweight, and flexible. The material wicks moisture away. Wearing my Ferrosis, I've often dipped into trailside swimming holes on hot summer days, and after I've rejoined the path to continue on my hike, the material has dried quickly with no chaffing.

The use of spandex in the design ensures that my range of movement is unrestricted, which is especially helpful on steep terrain. Other hiking shorts I've worn seem to be either durable or flexible, but OR has mastered both with the Ferrosi. The shorts also keep their shape well and stay in place throughout your adventure.

When selecting a size, I'd suggest going with something on the lower end of what you normally wear. Due to the flexibility of the material, the shorts are form-fitting without feeling restrictive.

I like the length of these, but they are a bit longer than the shorts I usually wear. I would love to see OR come out with a shorter length option. I would certainly be a customer!

rated 5.00 of 5 stars All Ferrosi Shorts versions

In addition to the 1 women's review above, there is 1 review for another version of the Ferrosi Shorts. Read all reviews »

On Sale. Free Shipping. Outdoor Research Women's Ferrosi Short FEATURES of the Outdoor Research Women's Ferrosi Short Water Resistant Wind Resistant Breathable Durable Belt Loops Dual-Snap Zipper Fly Low-Profile Waist Fits Under Harness Brushed- Tricot-Lined Waistband Front Slash Pockets Zippered Rear Pockets Zippered Thigh Pocket SPECIFICATIONS of the Outdoor Research Women's Ferrosi Short Weight: 7.3 oz / 207 g Standard Fit Inseam: 13in. / 33 cm 86% ripstop, 14% spandex, stretch woven This product can only be shipped within the United States. Please don't hate us.

The women's Outdoor Research Ferrosi Shorts are a Rock/Creek staff favorite. Rugged and wind-resistant, these breathable, soft shell, stretch shorts are at home on a long, multi-pitch climb in the warm summer sunshine. Abrasion resistance and a water-repellent finish offer the protection that?s needed during the scramble up during the early morning approach through dew-covered brush.

- RockCreek

The Outdoor Research Ferrosi Short is an ideal rock climbing and hiking soft shell shorts, the Ferrosi Shorts are never too hot and breathe exceptionally well on an exposed belay high off the deck.

- CampSaver.com

Desert sandstone or Cascade granite, the soft shell Ferrosi Shorts from Outdoor Research are ideal for rock climbing and hiking. They provide durability against abrasive rock, weather resistance, high breathability, and ample stretch for free-flowing movement.

- EMS

Light, stretchy and abrasion resistant, the Ferrosi Shorts from Outdoor Research are designed to accommodate a climber's every need. Abrasion-resistant softshell fabric protects you from rough rock faces, while the gusseted crotch allows you to stretch and bend for the next move. Multiple pockets for storage. 13-inch inseam (size 8).

- Mountain Gear