Outdoor Research Fraction Jacket

I have had this jacket for about a year and a half…

I have had this jacket for about a year and a half and am very happy with it. I replaced my down jacket with this plus an OR soft shell and like this set up much better than the down jacket.

The Fraction is almost as warm as down however it is much lighter and not nearly as bulky. Also it retains 70 percent of its insulation when wet, and doesn't leak feathers all over. I think that if you are going to be active in the cold weather this is the perfect jacket however if you are going to be sitting around in the cold weather get a down jacket.

I also like this set up with a shell over it because if I start to get a little warm it is so light and compressible it will fit in the pocket of my soft shell ( it is a large pocket).

When I got it in the mail I was very disappointed because it is so light I thought there was no way it was going to be warm but it proved me wrong. I also like it more than down because I can wear it indoors and not sweat to death.