Outdoor Research Frostline Hat
This hat has great features and genius to the design,…
Source: bought it new
Price Paid: $37 on Amazon
This hat has great features and genius to the design, but the velcro straps are so bad as to outweigh all the other good features. I suggest DON'T buy it.
- Fold down forehead magnetic piece
- Interior fleece
- Windstopper or equivalent
- Good head coverage with which no scarf needed
- Velcro stops working in 1 month
- Velcro hooks damaged my nice jacket in 1 month
The hat is light years ahead of a Dome Perignon, but alas I am 1 or 2 years too soon for this fancy new hat technology because they used velcro instead of high quality metal snap buttons, which would be ideal. I hope they revise it to eliminate the velcro and put on metal snap buttons.