Outdoor Research Furio Jacket

Waterproof. Durable fabric. Has proven worthy on all…

Waterproof. Durable fabric. Has proven worthy on all my recent hikes and backpacking trips in Virginia.

A little bulky for summer use, but I don't hit the trail without this jacket on any other trip. It's proven as a solid rain jacket and winter jacket, for backpacking and flyfishing trips in Wyoming and Minnesota.

I bring this jacket over my ligthweight rain jacket if I can, if I expect to be walking through thick brush, as I know it won't rip or tear.

I give this a pretty high rating because OR tried…

Fabric: Gore-Tex Paclite & Pro Shell

I give this a pretty high rating because OR tried some really great things with this coat. They tried to keep it light, but durable and highly waterproof. I like the pit-zips that run all the way down to the bottom of the coat. More jackets should have this.

I really like the idea of combining two kinds of fabrics to make the coat breathable and light where it can be, but durable where it needs to be.

But...I am disappointed with Gore-Tex Paclite...in fact it seems that there are many fabrics better than those of Gore-Tex that are on the market now. I think people just need to get past the Gore-Tex worship phase we've been in.

The one thing I wish OR would have done is to take the durable Pro Shell that's currently on the shoulder and make it a longer piece that would continue on down to the elbow (where you really need the durability). I have not worn a hole through my elbows by any means, but it seems like this would be a place to use the Pro Shell if, in fact, you were out to cover the wear-and-tear spots.

Maybe next year's model will have better fabric than Gore-Tex and better protection in the elbows...then OR would take the alpine coat world by storm!

Construction and look of jacket are fantastic. It…

Construction and look of jacket are fantastic. It is a tad heavier then some jackets in the same category, however the weight comes from a beefier exterior fabric. This is good for someone that uses the jacket for everything like myself.

Jacket has a slimmer cut but is baggy enough for thicker layers. I have not had much time in the wet weather which is why I only gave this 4 stars. Judging by the DWR finish, exterior fabric and construction I see no reason why this jacket would not perform like it's suppose to.

Visit Outdoor Research's Furio Jacket page.

Backcountry enthusiasts require their gear to be light enough for efficient travel yet tough enough to handle harsh winter weather. Outdoor Research designers put their heads together and successfully addressed both needs with the Men's Furio Jacket. Gore-Tex with Paclite in the body keeps weight and bulk to a minimum without compromising performance while burly Gore-Tex Pro in the shoulders provides additional protection and abrasion resistance where you need it most. The TorsoFlo hem-to-bicep zippers provide complete ventilation so you stay dry and comfortable even when you're kicking steps up a near-vertical couloir.

On Sale. Free Shipping. Outdoor Research Men's Furio Jacket FEATURES of the Outdoor Research Men's Furio Jacket Hybrid Mapped Construction Waterproof Breathable Durable Hybrid Construction Fully Seam Taped Water-Resistant Zippers Fully Adjustable Hood Fits Over Helmet Water Resistant and Double-Separating Front Zipper Double-Sliding TorsoFlo Hem-To-Bicep Zippers Dual Zippered Napoleon Pockets Zippered Internal Pocket with Media Port Two Zippered Hand Pockets Set Above Hip Belt Or Hamess Hook/Loop Cuff Closures Drawcord Hem SPECIFICATIONS of the Outdoor Research Men's Furio Jacket Weight: (L): 19.5 oz / 552 g Standard Fit Center Back Length: 30 1/2in. / 79 cm Gore-Tex Pro 3L, 100% nylon 70D Pro shoulders and upper sleeve panel Gore-Tex with Paclite Technology 70D body This product can only be shipped within the United States. Please don't hate us.

CLOSEOUTS . Outdoor Researchand#39;s Furio jacket will have you going fast and powerful against the forces of nature, thanks to tough 70 denier Gore-Texand#174; 3L waterproof fabric. Available Colors: PEWTER, PEWTER/BLACK, SUPERNOVA/DIABLO, EVERGREEN, GLACIER/ABYSS, GLACIER SMU, EMBER/PEWTER, LEAF/EVERGREEN. Sizes: 2XS, XS, S, M, L, XL, 2XL.

- Sierra Trading Post

The M’s Furio Jacket™ is a workhorse for alpine exploits demanding total stormproof protection. The lightweight, breathable 70D GORE-TEX® Paclite® fabric sheds the elements and expels internal moisture, while the rugged GORE-TEX® Pro Shell fabric adds rei

- Teton Village Sports