Outdoor Research Mithril Jacket

This is an awesome jacket. I used it all last winter…

Price Paid: not recall

This is an awesome jacket. I used it all last winter ice climbing and above timberline in brutal conditions in the mountains of NH. The material breaths, it stretches it's really great.

I had originally assumed since it was a softshell type material that it wouldn't block the wind sufficiently for those -10f, windy days spent on Mt Washington guiding. But it does, and is still breathable. I don't understand how it works, but I don't have to.

It quickly became my go-to peice for almost any cold day whether I was climbing steep ice or walking on snow.

I am typically a size large, and this fits me perfectly. Great hood, great arm length.

Great waterproof soft shell jacket. Durable and stylish.

Summary

Great waterproof soft shell jacket. Durable and stylish.

Pros

• Waterproof
  • Windproof
  • Tough

Cons

• A little bit heavy

A great soft shell jacket. I have used it skiing and as a hiking jacket, and it had no problems keeping me dry in rain and snow showers. Also became my around town jacket in the late fall and early spring.

It is a good mid weight, not overly warm (which is good for me, I tend to overheat), but provides much more warmth that my other rain shells.

Velcro wrist adjustments work great, much prefer them to the elastic style. Plenty of pocket space to store items while skiing or hiking. Got many comments on how good looking of a jacket it is as well.

As with all OR gear I have, it is built very well and I don't worry about its toughness at all. Overall a great jacket I would happily recommend to anyone.

rated 4.50 of 5 stars All Mithril Jacket versions

In addition to the 2 men's reviews above, there are 2 reviews for other versions of the Mithril Jacket. Read all reviews »