Outdoor Research Motto Jacket

Great jacket. Went up Mount Washington and it holds…

Great jacket.

Went up Mount Washington and it holds up to heavy ice rain. I guess that's a check.

Good for ski and hiking.

The only drawback is the bottom of the jacket is glued and it dissolves when washed.

This jacket is awesome. It seems to be pretty bullet…

Fabric: soft shell

This jacket is awesome. It seems to be pretty bullet proof so far. I am generally really hard on my gear because the sooner I wear it out the sooner I get to buy new gear. I have had this jacket for two years now and see little sign of wear.

It is a great jacket for every season. It has excellent venting for summer rain days and is fleece lined for winter days, however on cold days you do need to wear layers because it is intended to be a shell.

I only have two complaints. One is the powder skirt is too large for me which is because I have a large and should have a medium. I like the large so I can wear more layers under it though. Also the bottom hem on mine is glued rather than sewn and the glue peels away in the wash exposing the draw cord.

I believe mine is a 2006 model and the next year they fixed this by sewing it and also added a zip off hood. I am not upset about the glue coming off because OR will fix it free of charge I just wear it so much that I don't want to send it in so I used tent glue which is holding so far.

It is very waterproof. I wanted to test this out at home rather then finding out it wasn't on the trail so I jumped in the shower with it on. There were no signs of leaking.

Outdoor Research Motto Jacket

The Outdoor Research Motto Jacket is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen August 12, 2014 at Moosejaw.

If you're looking for a new soft shell jacket, check out the best reviewed current models.