Outdoor Research Motto Jacket

Great jacket. Went up Mount Washington and it holds…

Great jacket.

Went up Mount Washington and it holds up to heavy ice rain. I guess that's a check.

Good for ski and hiking.

The only drawback is the bottom of the jacket is glued and it dissolves when washed.

This jacket is awesome. It seems to be pretty bullet…

Fabric: soft shell

This jacket is awesome. It seems to be pretty bullet proof so far. I am generally really hard on my gear because the sooner I wear it out the sooner I get to buy new gear. I have had this jacket for two years now and see little sign of wear.

It is a great jacket for every season. It has excellent venting for summer rain days and is fleece lined for winter days, however on cold days you do need to wear layers because it is intended to be a shell.

I only have two complaints. One is the powder skirt is too large for me which is because I have a large and should have a medium. I like the large so I can wear more layers under it though. Also the bottom hem on mine is glued rather than sewn and the glue peels away in the wash exposing the draw cord.

I believe mine is a 2006 model and the next year they fixed this by sewing it and also added a zip off hood. I am not upset about the glue coming off because OR will fix it free of charge I just wear it so much that I don't want to send it in so I used tent glue which is holding so far.

It is very waterproof. I wanted to test this out at home rather then finding out it wasn't on the trail so I jumped in the shower with it on. There were no signs of leaking.

Visit Outdoor Research's Motto Jacket page.

The Outdoor Research Men's Motto Jacket has a water-resistant softshell exterior to shed moisture and wind, and a fleece lining adds plenty of warmth for frigid weather. Excellent breathability makes the Motto Jacket a solid choice for aerobic winter pursuits like backcountry skiing and alpine climbing. Remove the helmet-compatible hood and powder skirt to strip some weight from this Outdoor Research softshell on trips where ounces matter.

- Backcountry Outlet

On Sale. Free Shipping. Outdoor Research Men's Motto Jacket FEATURES of the Outdoor Research Men's Motto Jacket Ventia Dry construction Fully seam taped waterproof/breathable Ventia softshell fabric with warm, fleece interior Water-resistant zippers Zip-off, fully adjustable hood fits over helmet Brushed tricot-lined collar Double-separating front zipper with internal storm flap Double-sliding pit zippers for ventilation Zippered internal pocket with media port two zippered hand pockets Large, zippered rear stash pocket Zip-out, mesh powder skirt with gripper elastic Hook/loop cuff closures Dual drawcord hem adjustments The SPECS of the Outdoor Research Men's Motto Jacket Average Weight: (L): 31.1 oz / 881 g Center Back Length: 30 3/4in. / 78 cm Standard Fit This product can only be shipped within the United States. Please don't hate us.

The M's Motto Jacket is a descent-inspired soft shell that offers maximum weather protection on bitter cold ski days. The fully waterproof Ventia soft shell fabric allows snow to glide right off, while the clean-finished, seam-taped interior slides comfortably over layers. The large, helmet compatiblehood can be zipped off and stored in the zippered rear stash pocket.

- SunnySports

Designed to take on backcountry descents and harsh winter weather with amazing waterproofing and functional breathability, the Outdoor Research Motto Jacket for men allows for increased mobility keeping you comfortable when climbing an alpine ridge line in search of an untracked powder stash. Made with Ventia Dry technology, this ski jacket uses a waterproof and breathable soft shell fabric and fully taped seams to create a barrier to the wind and snow. Water-resistant zippers keep you dry in the nastiest storms. With a removable, adjustable and helmet-compatible hood and a zip off powder skirt, you have versatility to get out on both storm days AND sunny spring slush fests. In a classic style and clean design, the Outdoor Research Men's Motto Jacket will look great in a powder-filled bowl or on a cold night out in town.

- Altrec Outlet

Outdoor Research Motto Jacket

The Outdoor Research Motto Jacket is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen August 12, 2014 at Moosejaw.

If you're looking for a new soft shell jacket, check out the best reviewed current models.