Outdoor Research Radar Pocket Cap

Size-Large Color-Khaki I have two of these wonderful…

Size-Large

Color-Khaki

2011-04-06_17-28-46_513.jpg
I have two of these wonderful hats. I personally cannot rave enough about them. I have worn them in very warm temps (95+) and I am still impressed with the design and function of this product.

As always I am all about keeping it simple(pros/cons) so here is low down on this hat.

PROS:

1. Weight=Comfort- I know it's just a hat. It weighs 1.8oz. When wearing it I have actually forgotten that I had it on. If it wasn't for the brim(which is 2") I probably would have looked for it even though I was already wearing it. Hands down this is the most comfortable hat I have ever worn.

2. It Breathes- I wore this hat last summer on a 98 degree day building a retaining wall. My head did not get overly sweaty and I wasn't roasting. The Supplex Nylon breathes very well.

3. UPF 30 Sun Protection- I have burnt my scalp before from sun exposure and I was miserable. This hat eliminates that from happening.

2011-04-06_17-59-41_451.jpg
4. The Headband- OR refers to this as a TransAction headband. What little bit of sweat that has accumulated on my forehead while wearing this hat has never made it to my eyes or ran down my face. Plain and simply put, it works.

2011-04-06_17-59-57_501.jpg
5. Folding Point In the Brim- I originally did not purchase this hat for this reason, it just wasn't a big purchasing point for me. I have to honestly say that I use this feature alot more than I thought I would. The brim has a folding point down the center of it. When this hat is folded it is basically the same size as my wallet (tri-fold.) Sometimes ya just want to take your lid off. Having the ability to stuff it in my pocket has been great. I don't lose it and when its in my pocket its hardly noticeable.

2011-04-06_18-00-18_118.jpg

CONS:

I have to be honest I can't think of any. Out of fairness though I am gonna be really finicky here.

1. I would like it a bit more if it had a DWR coating. Then again if it did I wonder how it would adversely effect the breathing characteristics of the fabric so its probably better off the way it is.

Look, this is a really nice warm weather hat. It functions very well in the field not to mention it looks pretty good with a sweater and a pair of khakis. Quality of construction is top notch but then again I have come to expect this from OR. You also get OR's Infinite Guarantee(Its guaranteed forever.)

If you are in the the market for a new noggin topper take a look at the OR Radar Pocket Cap. It's one awesome hat.

Visit Outdoor Research's Unisex Radar Pocket Cap page.

Outdoor Research Radar Pocket CapThe Outdoor Research Radar Pocket Cap is a great product to take on your trips. It features durable 100% Supplex nylon that is breathable and extremely lightweight in design. It has an all new updated street style, which ensures that you not only stay fresh, but also look cool! The SolarShield material layer gives it UPF 30+ protection from the sun s harmful rays. Its TransAction headband is soft, cushion-like, and has great moisture-wicking properties, so that you stay dry. Additionally, thanks to it moisture-wicking ability, this cap is ideal for high activity days. Its brim can easily be folded, for hassle-free packing. It is also lightweight (1.8 oz. Size L), and easy to carry along on your camping trips, vacations and more. For stylish comfort outdoors, try the Outdoor Research Radar Pocket Cap.

- SunnySports refers to the unisex version

On Sale. Outdoor Research Radar Pocket Cap FEATURES of the Outdoor Research Radar Pocket Cap Breathable Lightweight Wicking UPF 30 Folding Brim for Easy storage Wicking Transaction Headband SPECIFICATIONS of the Outdoor Research Radar Pocket Cap Weight: 2.5 oz / 70 g 50% cotton, 50% nylon, Crown and Brim This product can only be shipped within the United States. Please don't hate us.

- Moosejaw refers to the unisex version

Function lies at the heart of this street-styled cap. It will shield you from the sun with UPF 30+ sun protection, keep you dry with the TransAction headband, and store away in your pocket with the help of the folding bill.

- RockCreek refers to the unisex version

Outdoor Research Radar Pocket Cap's function lies at the heart of this street-styled cap. It shields you from the sun with UPF 30 protection, keeps you dry with the TransAction headband, and stores away in your pocket with the help of the folding bill.

- CampSaver.com refers to the unisex version