Outdoor Research Revel Cap

Works very well in the rain. I've used this hat for…

Summary

Works very well in the rain.

Pros

• Waterproof
  • Adjustable

Cons

• Not the best in warm weather

I've used this hat for a couple of years now when hiking in wet weather. The hat repels water very well. The thing that I like most about it is that when the rain really starts to come down and you need to pull the hood of your rainjacket up the hat fits really well under the hood and doesn't feel like it's being pushed down on your head or blocking your field of vision.

The hat works best in cool weather. Being that I shave my head and don't have the hair to absorb perspiration, when temps creep over 55 degrees or so it get quite humid underneath. On the flipside though in cooler temps it stays fairly warm and keep me from wearing a knit winter hat that gets really hot.

Overall it's a key piece of gear that I use regularly, I just wish it vented a little better so it could be worn in warmer weather.

This hat has worked very well for me. I worked several…

Price Paid: $30 with shipping

This hat has worked very well for me. I worked several days in the rain and it kept me dry. Stay away from Proquip and Livehard hats they did not work for me at all.

I work for 4 to 8 hours in heat, cold and rain. This hat worked very well giving me a good field of vision under my parka jacket hood and pvc jacket hood. The area that you use to tighten the hat on the back ends up dangling down after you tighten it. It will hit your neck and collar. It can be annoying.

I don’t really care about style due to the fact I work outdoors in the rain as long as it keeps my head dry I am fine. If the tab thing is an issue then be wary about this hat. It is lightweight and in weather 50° to 60° or more you will sweat in it.

I will definitely purchase another.
OR-hat.jpg

Visit Outdoor Research's Revel Cap page.

The Outdoor Research Revel Cap is perfect for misty morning trail runs. Waterproof, breathable fabric and a moisture-wicking headband keep you dry and comfortable. And when the day turns sunny, the dark bill underside of the bill reduces glare.

- CampSaver.com

Bask in the glory of your run with the Outdoor Research Revel Baseball Hat. Outdoor Research made the Revel with proprietary Pertex Shield DS stretch ripstop fabric for a variety of benefits during high-output activity. This waterproof breathable fabric helps regulate your temp during those misty morning runs, while a moisture-wicking headband reduces sweat buildup and keeps you dry. When the sun comes out, you'll be glad to be sporting this hat so you can spot trail features rather than eat them.

Outdoor Research Revel Cap FEATURES of the Outdoor Research Revel Cap Waterproof Breathable Lightweight Wicking Seam Taped Plastic-Stiffened Brim Dark Fabric Under Brim Reduces Glare Wicking TransAction Headband Quick-Release Buckle Closure Reflective Logos SPECIFICATIONS of the Outdoor Research Revel Cap Weight: 1.7 oz / 48 g Pertex Shield DS 2.5L, 100% nylon 40D stretch ripstop This product can only be shipped within the United States. Please don't hate us.

The Revel Cap from Outdoor Research is perfect for misty morning trail runs. Waterproof, breathable fabric and a moisture-wicking headband keep you dry and comfortable. And when the day turns sunny, the dark bill reduces glare so that you can easily spot features of the trail.

- EMS