Outdoor Research Sitka Sombrero

When I bought my Sitka Sombrero (on sale) I thought…

When I bought my Sitka Sombrero (on sale) I thought it was way too pricey. After 12 years, I would say, it was money well spent.

It has held up. It's still in good shape (& I am not easy on clothes). It has kept me dry in storms, and has been stain resistant. It has a drawstring, to keep it on, in heavy wind. I like it enough, I want another in a different color!

CLOSEOUTS . This Outdoor Research Sitka sombrero has a HydroLite waterproof outer and breathable mesh lining. Side snaps Brim: 3-1/8” Crown: 4-¼” 64% urethane-coated nylon, 20% EVA, 15% polyester, 10% nylon CLOSEOUTS . USA. Size: S(20-21¾”) M(21-22¾”) L(22-23¾”) XL(23-24¾”)

- Sierra Trading Post refers to the unisex version

The Sitka Sombrero offers the same weatherproof performance of our other sombreros in a fabric better suited for non-aerobic activities like fishing, sailing and use around town. Made with our fully seam-taped Hydroseal-200 fabric, the Sitka is extremely durable and will likely be waterproof long after you're done using it! Plus, a quick adjustment of the internal Cinch-Band system provides a perfect fit every time.

- Altrec Outdoors

Outdoor Research Sitka Sombrero

The Sitka Sombrero has been discontinued.

The Outdoor Research Sitka Sombrero is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen July 18, 2006 at Sierra Trading Post.

If you're looking for a new rain hat, check out the best reviewed current models.